Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9968 - 10/21/00 10:25 AM bus travel
NICKO Offline

I am trying to book bus tickets on-line with Alsa/enatcar. It is not possible because one of the boxes to fill in is marked DNI.
My spanish does not include this.PLEASE HELP

#9969 - 10/21/00 10:37 AM Re: bus travel
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
DNI is Documento Nacional de Identidad. Maybe they will accept your Passport # .

#9970 - 10/21/00 06:33 PM Re: bus travel
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Eddie is right. I don't understand why they need the Spanish ID card number (DNI #) to book a ticket.

I guess that, providing they can charge you the tickets on your credit card, they won't care whether you give them a DNI or your passport number.

Be aware that, sometimes, if you book things over the phone or the Internet you may be there 1 or 2 hours in advance to collect the tickets (I think this is what they do at Auto-Res)

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#9971 - 10/22/00 08:42 AM Re: bus travel
NICKO Offline

Thanks Eddie and Antonio, for your help.
The problem is that the process will not continue without the DNI. I have tried to contact them via their Home page and by e-mail. Neither work. Guess I will have to use the train. It would be helpful if Alsa would put a link to RENFE on their home page.
Thanks again

#9972 - 10/22/00 10:52 AM Re: bus travel
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Hey, don't give up! Most of the 'long haul' MotorCoaches I have ridden have not been fully 'booked.' I called Continental-Auto on Sunday, 10 Sep to 'book' tickets on their Business Class bus Madrid-Santander for the following day. They gave me a reservation number and told me I had to purchase tickets by an hour and a half before departure or my reservation would be cancelled. That's the way they work. I have done the same thing with Viajes Julia (Sevilla-Lisboa). ALSA asked for my DNI in Santander when I bought tickets to Bilbao on my MasterCard. I showed the Agent my Passport. She said it was for my own protection (i.e., stolen credit cards etc.).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments