Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9918 - 10/07/00 08:17 PM What is best way from airport to Atocha Renfe station
buenafe Offline

We flying into Madrid airport. Our final destination is Seville. Is the AVE the best way to reach Seville? And, what is the best way to reach the Atocha Renfe station from the airport?

Thanks!

#9919 - 10/08/00 07:23 AM Re: What is best way from airport to Atocha Renfe station
derek Offline

Loc: London. UK
I think the AVE is the quickest and easiest way to get to Seville. I haven't been on this train but have seen them at the station and they look very impressive. I believe they are very reasonable. There is a link to them somewhere on Madrid Man's homepage.
If you haven't got too much luggage then you can take the Metro from the airport to the station direct. It means a few changes but it is very easy to navigate and is very cheap. Something like 150 pesetas for the journey. Again, there is a link to the Metro (and a map which you can print out) on MM's homepage.
Derek

#9920 - 10/08/00 12:30 PM Re: What is best way from airport to Atocha Renfe station
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Yes, the AVE is the best way to get to Seville. It's very fast and very convenient.
If you dont' have load of luggage, I'd say take the metro to get to the station. It's very cheap and is ver easy to get on and off. It'll take you some time, so be sure to allow for that. Good luck.

#9921 - 10/08/00 06:29 PM Re: What is best way from airport to Atocha Renfe station
afuegolento Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
Defenitely the AVE is the way to go. As far as transportation to Atocha I would take Aerocity which advertizes in this site.

#9922 - 10/09/00 05:21 AM Re: What is best way from airport to Atocha Renfe station
Celia U Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi Buenafe,

I think AVE is the fastest and the most confortable way. Prices are not so bad from 8.500 pesestas you can get to Sevilla in about two hours and a half.

If you`re not too tired and don`t have a lot of luggage the Metro is the cheapest way to arrive to Atocha station but it will take you a long time. As Afuegolento says check out Aerocity rates you will be surprise.

Have a nice trip!!

------------------
Celia
Airport shuttle, limousine service and car rental. http://www.aerocity.com

[This message has been edited by Celia U (edited 10-18-2000).]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments