Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#9867 - 09/27/00 06:03 PM riding bicycle from malaga airport
corinne Offline

Loc: seattle
I am THINKING about taking my bicycle to Andalucia and would be flying into Malaga. Is it possible to RIDE away from the airport? At this point I'm not sure what my itinerary is, but I'd be riding to the nearest camping....I just don't want to end up on an autovia!
Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks,
corinne

#9868 - 09/28/00 05:45 AM Re: riding bicycle from malaga airport
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
The airport is directly connected to the Autovia, and I don't know of any other way out of it by road. So I wouldn't advise you risk riding out! Perhaps the best option is to take the train. The Malaga-Fuengirola suburban line (called "Cercanias") has a stop at the airport.

#9869 - 09/28/00 02:45 PM Re: riding bicycle from malaga airport
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
If El Boqueron says the only access to the airport is by autovía then you can't ride your bicycle. You are not allowed to ride a bicycle on autovías in Spain.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#9870 - 09/29/00 06:06 AM Re: riding bicycle from malaga airport
El Boqueron Offline

well, it's the only road access I know of, because that's the way to go if you're in a car. It's possible that there's another way out, but I wouldn't bet on it.

#9871 - 09/29/00 02:51 PM Re: riding bicycle from malaga airport
corinne Offline

Thanks you El Boqueron and Antonio for your help!! Now---the NEXT thing I want to know is if anybody knows where I might find a good map on the web of Malaga AND/0R directions to the camping in Malaga called Balneario del Carmen....I'd appreciate any iformation on this camping--thanks!
corinne

#9872 - 10/02/00 07:10 AM Re: riding bicycle from malaga airport
El Boqueron Offline

Corinne - you could try Mapquest for map (in English) The most detailed interactive map of Malaga that I have seen is at the Spanish language site http://www.arcopolis.com/ARCOL/mapas.htm

To my knowledge there are no campsites in Malaga itself. Could you give me the address for the place (Balneario ..) you mention? If it's what I think it is, well, I've never seen any tents there! Where did you find it?

#9873 - 10/02/00 02:37 PM Re: riding bicycle from malaga airport
corinne Offline

El Boqueron--Thanks for the map information! I haven't tried it yet, but will.

As to the address of the Balneario del Carmen Camping, it is listed as Avenida Pintor Sorolla (Sorola?)26,carretera Cadiz-Barcelona, and supposedly 3 km from the center to the east. NOW--I did receive word from someone else on the internet that the camping is no longer open, but I would SWEAR that my Spain camping guide for 2000 had Balenario listed....(I could be wrong, and I don't happen to have the guide with me...). But from all I've read, Balneario MUST have been open until SOMEWHAT recently.

If the camping is closed, I suppose I could go to one which is located in Alhaurin De La Torre--this seems closest to Malaga.
Thanks for any further information--I appreciate it!
corinne

#9874 - 10/03/00 06:02 AM Re: riding bicycle from malaga airport
El Boqueron Offline

OK, yes, it was the place I was thinking of. Nice location, but it was closed last time I looked (this summer). Alhaurin does have a campsite, but that's about all I can tell you about it. (The town's about 12 miles from Malaga, and somewhat closer to Torremolinos). Are you determined to use campsites?

#9875 - 10/03/00 04:30 PM Re: riding bicycle from malaga airport
corinne Offline

Well...Yes, I am sort of determined to use campings--mainly because they're cheaper and I can make my money last longer. BUT--IF I can find a cheap Hostel, Pension or the like in Malaga, I'd definitely go for it...
Know of any?
My main reason for flying into Malaga is to check the area out as a prospective place to live...I've been as far west as Nerja. By bicycle is a good way to see a place...and, as there are numerous campings I find it easy and cheap.

#9876 - 10/04/00 06:09 AM Re: riding bicycle from malaga airport
El Boqueron Offline

I don't know much about campsite prices. I found a website for the Fuengirola camping, where the price for one person plus tent appeared to come to about 2,400 pesetas per night (!). You could get a single room in a basic Hostal for about the same (or not much less). In Malaga you could try Hostal Cordoba in the centre, or (one of my favourites) a place called Hostal Capri east of the centre, on Avenida de Pries, about a block away from the beach.

There's also a youth hostel network in Andalucia ("Red de Albergues"), with a hostel in Malaga. Prices around 1500 ptas per night inc. breakfast. This is their website.
http://www.inturjoven.com/index1.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments