Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9813 - 09/24/00 03:04 PM Train to Granda from Madrid Airport
jimbo409 Offline

Loc: Algonquin, IL USA
My wife and I will be flying to Madrid 5 Oct to meet our son in Granada. We plan on taking a taxi from airport to train station. What train station goes to Granda? Do we need to purchase our tickets ahead of time, or can we purchase them that day? Thanks for your help. Jimbo409

#9814 - 09/25/00 03:44 AM Re: Train to Granda from Madrid Airport
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
as far as i can remember granada is connected to madrid via atocha train station

#9815 - 09/25/00 11:45 AM Re: Train to Granda from Madrid Airport
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
yes you depart from Atocha Train Station, the tickets can be purchased there at the station. you can look at the schedules on line www.renfe.es

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98/homepage.html?957296168010

#9816 - 09/25/00 12:05 PM Re: Train to Granda from Madrid Airport
connie Offline

Actually, I think the train departs from Chamartín, and it might stop at Atocha as well.
Anyway, I would recommend to rather take a bus from the Estación Sur de Autobuses. The train connection between Madrid and Granada is not the best, there are not that many trains. The buses are fast, cheap and comfortable, and they run more frequently.

#9817 - 09/25/00 12:41 PM Re: Train to Granda from Madrid Airport
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Jimbo - I would encourage you to follow Connie's advice, re. buses. There are only 3 trains a day (starting Madrid/Chamartin - stops at Atocha), and one's an overnighter, as far as I remember. There are more buses. Aerocity cabs (see other posts on this site) will take you and your wife from the Airport to the Estacion Sur (bus station) for 1900 ptas (about $10) reserved in advance.

[This message has been edited by El Boqueron (edited 09-26-2000).]

#9818 - 10/16/00 07:11 PM Re: Train to Granda from Madrid Airport
jimbo409 Offline

Loc: Algonquin, IL USA
Thanks to everyone who responded to our request for transportation info. We just got back from Spain last weekend. The buses to Granada worked very well. Everyone travels on buses throughout southern Spain. The seats are reserved, the buses are very comfortable, and they even provide movies. We saw Inspector Gadget and the Bone Collector (in Spainish, of course). It amazes me that with the breathtaking view of the Sierra Nevadas that anyone would be interested in a movie!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments