Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#9674 - 09/03/00 06:22 AM The best way to go from Madrid to Malaga
mikica Offline

What is the best way to go from Madrid to Malaga - train, bus...

Mik

#9675 - 09/03/00 11:11 AM Re: The best way to go from Madrid to Malaga
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
If you buy your ticket on the internet (in Spain), two people can fly round trip on Iberia for about ESP 24.000, tax included). That's why I am searching frantically for an Internet Cafe or something of the like near Barajas airport. You also get a nice view of the Sierra Nevada from above.
Spanair also has 'ofertas,' so flying may be more economical time-wise (you don't waste a day each way).

#9676 - 09/03/00 11:49 AM Re: The best way to go from Madrid to Malaga
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Choices are:

BUS

Daibus . But there are only two buses a day and it takes a long time by bus.

TRAIN

Check the information at Renfe . There are several trains. Talgo 200 are Talgo trains running on AVE (high speed) tracks up to Córdoba. They are faster than normal trains (about 4 hours).

PLANE

As Eddie said, Iberia has the cheapest offer now. But you have to buy the tickets online and at the Spanish version of the site (you have to buy them in Spain).

If you can match your requirements with those at the Iberia last minute offers (mainly days and timetables) you can get it even cheaper (at 10480 pesetas round trip including taxes). Check it here .

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

[This message has been edited by Antonio (edited 09-03-2000).]

#9677 - 09/05/00 11:30 AM Re: The best way to go from Madrid to Malaga
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
mikica, I took the Daibus from Madrid-to-Málaga in 1999 and found it to be a smooth, comfortable, problem-free trip, making one stop at the 3-hour, midway point. If curious, you can read about it on the 4/4/99 date of MadridMan's Daily Online Journal: 1999 . I think the price has gone up since, but I paid only $31 round trip. Someone told me recently that it was about $45 now, but the price might be seasonal. The bus was great and we watched 2-movies (both from the US, but dubbed in Spanish), one during each 3-hour leg of the trip. Have a great time!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9678 - 09/05/00 04:49 PM Re: The best way to go from Madrid to Malaga
mikica Offline

How much can cost one night in Marbella or Malaga in some hostel ?

#9679 - 09/06/00 05:56 AM Re: The best way to go from Madrid to Malaga
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Marbella can be kind of expensive, Malaga is cheaper. You can get a double with bathroom for about 4000 ptas, maybe even less.

#9680 - 09/06/00 05:06 PM Re: The best way to go from Madrid to Malaga
mikica Offline

Do you hava idea where on Internet I can check about prices and reserve the hostel ?

#9681 - 09/07/00 07:38 AM Re: The best way to go from Madrid to Malaga
El Boqueron Offline

Well, you might think that would be easy, Malaga being "capital of the Costa del Sol", the most developed tourist region in Europe! However, it's not! I've never seen an "internet bookable" Malaga hostal, or even very much information about them.

The following site has at least a reasonable list of places, but not much else (it provides phone numbers). It lists hostales under "guest houses".
http://www.altur.com/eng/pmalaga/malaga/index.htm

However, Malaga itself is not very touristy and you should have no problem finding a place when you arrive. Most are in the centre. If you prefer to be a little out of the centre, but close to a beach in a nice area, you could try the Hostal Capri on Avenida de los Pries (Paseo de Reding).

[This message has been edited by El Boqueron (edited 09-07-2000).]

#9682 - 09/07/00 01:20 PM Re: The best way to go from Madrid to Malaga
mikica Offline

And what can be the price for double room with bath for one night (aproximately) ?

#9683 - 09/07/00 01:47 PM Re: The best way to go from Madrid to Malaga
El Boqueron Offline

Well, about 4000-5000 ptas for a nice place (I think). It should be cheaper than Madrid.
There are lots of cheap places near the train and bus stations, but that's not a particluarly great area.

If you don't mind not being right in the centre (though it's in walking distance), try the Hostal Capri I mentioned in my last post. It's near the beach. The owners don't speak English I'm afraid, but you could try the tourist office when you get there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments