Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#9664 - 12/10/00 12:01 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
MarkB Offline

Loc: Washington, DC, USA
Aerocity worked for us, if a bit haphazardly. We made reservation via the website a couple of days before arrival, and received a confirmation email When we arrived at the Madrid Airport, we headed down to the designated meeting point (if you arrive in (international?) Terminal 1 right now, you'll have to go around some construction to get to it- not immediately apparent). We knocked on the window, awaking a driver who seemed to be surprised to see us. Evidently he didn't have us down as a pick up, and was there early for a later pick up. This was cleared up via phone, and we were soon on our way.

The pick up from the Palace was smooth- we may have made things a little late- I went outside to look for an Aerocity marked bus, but seeing none, went back into the lobby. Turns out he'd been there for a little while in an unmarked van, and I didn't notice him. Oops.

Anyway, Aerocity works, and is a little cheaper than taxis, with friendly drivers.

#9665 - 12/11/00 08:54 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
leuci Offline

Aerocity worked for me, too, though I wish they'd get their phone act together--I spent a helluva lot of time on hold from pay phones. Otherwise okay.

I'd reserved online, but my flight was delayed 8 hours (!), so I called when I finally made it to the airport. I was transferred and put on hold a few times, but in the end they said there was a driver at the pickup spot and since they told me what color and type of vehicle to look for, he was easy to find (unmarked van). So I had no wait, and wound up being the only passenger. I'd wanted to arrange a pickup from a bus station to the airport for the return home, but after putting me on hold about 5 times, the representative wouldn't accept my reservation in case the bus was late (something I've yet to experience in Spain, BTW). When I arrived at the station, I didn't feel like waiting but I didn't have a good feeling about the first cabbie on line, either. So I asked him approximately how much to the airport, and he estimated 4,000. I went inside and called Aerocity instead. Once again, I was put on hold several times and had to keep feeding the phone. But they did send a driver in 20 minutes, I was the only passenger, and with the money I saved, I bought a very nice bottle of wine at the airport.

#9666 - 12/11/00 01:31 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi all!
Please remember that we have a toll free phone number 900 713 583 in order to call us from the airport or any other place in Madrid to our reservation center.
Therefore, at least you will not be charged for you calls to AeroCITY. Sorry, for the long delays in attending your calls, we are trying to improve that important point regarding customer attention.
Thanks again for your support and nice comments about our service.

[This message has been edited by aerocity (edited 12-11-2000).]

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1939 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments