MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#9624 - 09/18/00 03:40 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
uphilldeb Offline

Loc: South Lake Tahoe, CA
Boy, Eric,

I've been waiting for a reply from aerocity too...nothing. I sent my credit card number and everything. Kinda worries me. Yikes!

Uphilldeb

[This message has been edited by uphilldeb (edited 09-18-2000).]

#9625 - 09/18/00 05:16 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi everbody!
We are sorry we have not been attending properly our email reservations during this last week-end.
Now, everything is working again properly and all of you who had sent a reservation to us this week-end will be receiving an email confirmation during this morning.
Sorry for the inconveniences.
Best regards.

#9626 - 09/19/00 04:22 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Eric Offline

Loc: Cambridge, MA USA
All is good! Aerocity sent me confirmation!
Well, I leave for Madrid in 12 hours, so here I go... I'll check in with you all.

------------------

#9627 - 09/20/00 10:53 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
uphilldeb Offline

Loc: South Lake Tahoe, CA
Yaay! I heard from aerocity too. Relief!

I have to admit, I was hoping it was all paid for, though. Apparently the credit card just holds a reservation. It would be so convenient to not have to figure out the exchange and just hop in the van and go.

I just wish they charged your card...AFTER you use the service, you know, like hotels do. (Gotta collect those flight mile points!).

Thanks, aeorocity, for the confirmation! One more week to go!!!

Uphilldeb

#9628 - 09/20/00 09:48 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Rich Offline

Loc: Toronto
After reading all the posts here about Aerocity I decided to use their service when I arrive in Madrid next month. I tried to access their website but for some reason I couldn't get past the homepage. So, I sent them an email detailing my plans. They sent me an email back with a file attached which, according to them, was supposed to be some kind of booking form. When I tried to open the attached file my virus program alerted me that it was infected!! Some kind of worm virus. What gives? I'm really confused by this. I sent them an email back asking them to explain and I'm awaiting their answer. Does anyone here have any idea of what could have happened here?

I'm in no way put off by Aerocity because from what I've read they seem like a reputable company but I just can't figure out this turn of events.

#9629 - 09/21/00 05:21 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Hi rich!
It seems that we have just got an infected virus with the "happy.." and our antivirus did not detect it properly. We are now working in our computers in order to avoid further problems like this one.
Please be sure that we have learned the lesson and we will be prepared to avoid this kind of incidences from now on.
As soon as we are ready, we will be sending you a new confirmation email.
Regards.
AeroCity sales staff

#9630 - 09/21/00 02:21 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
aerocity Offline

Hi Rich! (and everybody)
We have now finished reviewing all our computers and solve all possible problems regarding viruses.
You will be receiving an email soon.
Anyway, you can always use our secure reservation form by clicking HERE .
Best regards,

AeroCity Sales Staff

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 09-21-2000).]

#9631 - 09/21/00 03:02 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I'm sorry to hear that Aerocity got a virus. Nowadays virus use e-mail as the main way of "delivering" itselves. Once a computer got infected, the virus send a copy of itself to all the people on the address book.

I guess Aerocity had your e-mail on thir address book so the virus send a copy to you.

You have to be very careful when opening an attachment that comes together with a message. Many people open those infected files because they were sent by friends and have messages saying "this is the file you requested". Unless you are sure you requested that file, don't open it!.

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#9632 - 09/21/00 09:12 PM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Rich Offline

Loc: Toronto
You're right Antonio, it is best not to open any file attachment unless you're expecting it. Of course in my case, I was. The Aerocity attachment was an executable (exe) file..which wouldn't be a reservation form but in my haste I opened it anyway. Just goes to show you should never let your guard down. Had I stopped to think about it for even a half a second I wouldn't have opened it. No harm done however, and that's the main thing.

Thanks so much for the quick response and explanation Aerocity. I fully intend to use your service and look forward to a good experience.

#9633 - 09/24/00 09:20 AM Re: Aerocity website reservations
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I used Aerocity, and can highly recommend it. My flight from Chicago was delayed for two hours by inclement weather at O´Hare and it did not cause any problems for Aerocity. They picked me up and delivered me to the Hostal where I spent my first night. BTW, I was the only passanger in the van and my driver, Cristina was great.

Saludos Aerocity

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments