Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#9208 - 06/28/07 06:40 PM Madrid: Hostal Adria Santa Ana - IT'S NEW!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Last night (Wednesday) I was delighted to attend the Grand Opening of the NEW Hostal Adriá Santa Ana .

Alberto and Enrique, also owners of the famed Hostal Adriano and Hostal Adriá hosted a large turnout of friends and socios.

It's located on Calle Nuñez de Arce, 15, just around the northwestern corner of the Plaza Santa Ana, just past the building with the painted-tile-scenes of Madrid.

WOW! WHAT A HOSTEL! ("Hostal") Upon touring all the magnificently detailed and decorated rooms - no two alike - many of the attendees and I agreed that THIS IS NOW THE BEST HOSTEL IN MADRID! IMPRESSIVE!

All rooms have a complete bathroom with walk-in showers, air conditioning, refrigerators, combination lock-box, WiFi access, double-double pane windows, and flat-panel TV mounted on the wall. There were two HUGE triple-bed rooms too. I happened to do a "knuckle thump" on the walls to test their thickness and I got a sold KNOCK (as opposed to a thump) for these hard walls. That's a good sign.

Their first day of opening was today (Thursday, June 28th). There's no website yet but for the time being reservations will be taken through the Hostal Adriano website .

UPDATE: NEW Website for Hostal Adria Santa Ana is http://www.hostaladriasantaana.com/

Best of luck to you both, Alberto and Enrique, and the NEW Hostal Adriá Plaza Santa Ana. thumbsup

Thanks for inviting me! The wine, cheese, and paté was delicious and the catering professional.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9209 - 07/27/07 06:09 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adria Santa Ana - IT'S NEW!
puppyfeat Offline

Loc: London
Sounds great. How many rooms are there, are there any singles? Did they give you any idea of the rates? Know when will the website will be up?

#9210 - 08/09/07 09:10 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adria Santa Ana - IT'S NEW!
epaulino4 Offline

Loc: USA
Hello MadridMan

I cannot agree with you more on your review and report to us, to the point that as soon as I arrived at Adriano's I requested a tour of the new Hostal Adria Santa Ana.

It is fabulous! What a luxurious and comfortable hostal! Nothing to envy a 5 star hotel. Alberto and Enrique spared no detail designing,decorating and taking into consideration the guests expectations of a hostal/hotel.

#9211 - 08/09/07 11:01 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adria Santa Ana - IT'S NEW!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Doesn't it just blow your mind when you walk around there and see the rooms?? eek Who gave you the tour? Was it A) Alberto, B) Enrique, or C) "other". hehehe..

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9212 - 10/20/07 02:35 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adria Santa Ana - IT'S NEW!
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
The website is now up and running-

Hostal Adria Santa Ana

#9213 - 10/20/07 09:44 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adria Santa Ana - IT'S NEW!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Woo Hoo! thanks, Mongo! I'll add it to the Madrid Hostels and Hostales de Madrid now!

And wow! Talk about your ultra modern website! They went ALL OUT! My goodness! Check it out! http://www.HostalAdriaSantaAna.com/ thumbsup

Mongo, we missed you at The Grand Opening of the new hostel. Wow. WHAT AN OPENING!

Saludos, MadridMan

#9214 - 10/20/07 02:34 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adria Santa Ana - IT'S NEW!
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Does the building have an elevator?

Do you know if there are single rooms or at least reduced rates for single use (it wasn't shown on the web site).

My standby hotel in Madrid is the Hotel Plaza Mayor but this looks like one I'd love to try for one night next March when I arrive for Semana Santa.

#9215 - 10/20/07 06:29 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adria Santa Ana - IT'S NEW!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Unfortunately, CathyM, the building does not have an elevator - and they're on the 3rd floor (in Spain, which is the 4th floor in the USA). And unlike in the case of Hostal Adriano when the building was able to retrofit a new elevator, there's no space in Hostal Adria Santa Ana's staircase to add an elevator.

I don't recall seeing any single rooms and not sure if they offer double rooms for single use. Send them an email for details on this point.

This one will be cheaper (and definitely more elegant) than Hotel Plaza Mayor .

I'm dying to read the first reviews of the new hostel!

Saludos, MadridMan

#9216 - 11/26/08 01:34 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adria Santa Ana - IT'S NEW!
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
While staying at Hostal Adriano several weeks ago, I was told by them that an elevator will actually be installed in Hostal Adria Santa Ana . They will be putting the shaft outside in the courtyard and punching through the walls into the landings. The city has approved but at this point there is no completion date.

Further updates in January! thumbsup

#9217 - 11/26/08 03:48 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adria Santa Ana - IT'S NEW!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

WOW!! That IS GREAT NEWS!! I'm so glad to hear it. Alberto didn't mention it to me last September when I saw him. Maybe it wasn't settled yet.

What I'm NOT wink happy to hear is that YOU, Mongo, were here several weeks ago and we didn't get to see you! frown And to think we were praising you and your cooking knowledge over lunch just yesterday... Hmmph! wink

Anyway, I'll have to try out the new elevator once they have it installed.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments