Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#91575 - 09/29/12 09:14 AM New York Times article about King Juan Carlos I
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City

#91576 - 09/30/12 12:56 PM Re: New York Times article about King Juan Carlos I [Re: esperanza]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
That's the price of democracy, now all forget very easily, and go into all details of the media hype including the NYT.

King Juan Carlos I de Bourbon save Spain, is what we all can enjoy now. I always said he is SPAIN. Without him Spain will remain a backward dictarorial country.

I know, I am lucky enough to see Spain in its many periods and live through it to tell. Thanks Juan Carlos.

#91577 - 09/30/12 01:23 PM Re: New York Times article about King Juan Carlos I [Re: pedmar]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I agree with pedmar in that King Juan Carlos absolutely did save Spain. It was only through his astute ability to walk a very fine line that he was he able to implement a Spanish democratic government.

The article references to the need to continue and increase 'Brand Spain'(export; export, export) and the King's influence and proven ability in this area are well documented.

Thanks for posting this Esperanza!

#91578 - 10/01/12 07:19 AM Re: New York Times article about King Juan Carlos I [Re: Puna]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I appreciate so much what La Tienda and Don Harris have done to promote "Brand Spain" He was recently awarded The King's Cross of the Order of Civil Merit.

Now, I just have to figure out how to get a job in Spain helping to promote "Brand Spain."

#91579 - 10/01/12 05:24 PM Re: New York Times article about King Juan Carlos I [Re: teachertraveler8]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
You and me both Susan smile

Last email I got from Tienda, the Harris family just celebrated their 16th year in business. That says a great deal for the popularity of "Brand Spain".

#91580 - 10/01/12 05:47 PM Re: New York Times article about King Juan Carlos I [Re: Puna]
Crisco Offline

Oh my goodness, don't get me started!Juan Carlos, hand picked and trained by Franco-implicated in the accidental shooting of his own brother, his many mistresses, killing an elephant in this day and age.......
Queen Sofia is the one that has such dignity and she is Greek!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments