Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#91519 - 09/14/12 03:52 PM filmoteca
chivasusa Offline

I haven't seen much discussion about about filmoteca espanola. It's the best price in town 2.50. In November they play the all the possible Goya nominees. During the year they play classics from all over the world. Its similar to the American Cinemateque in Hollywood, Ca. where I was a member before moving to Houston, Tx. Does anyone know which Spanish films are playing are playing at Recent Spanish Cinema Oct. 11-14 20012 at American Cinemateque Egyptian Theatre Hollywood, Ca.

#91595 - 10/08/12 03:58 PM Re: filmoteca [Re: chivasusa]
chivasusa Offline

Opening film 10-11-12 is Blancanieves 10-12-12 La Voz Dormida and Unit 7 10-13-12 Wrinkles and I Want You 10-14-12 The Wild Ones and No Habra Paz Para Los Malvados [ Goya Best Film] Benito Zambrano Q and A after La Voz Dormida.These are the films at recent Spanish Cinema 2012 Egyptian Theatre, Hollywood, Ca. I don't have the original Spanish titles for several of the films. Sadly this festival in recent years has many less films. They used to show 15- 20 films. Which films have they neglected this year. They don't show films which had U. S. release[ La Piel Que Habito]

#91596 - 10/08/12 04:20 PM Re: filmoteca [Re: chivasusa]
chivasusa Offline

Patricia Ferreira Director The Wild Ones appears for Q and A 10-14-12. Reception and party for all attendees 10-11-12 Opening Night. Anyone who appreciates Spanish Cinema should try to get to this. The Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood has been proclaimed the best Movie Theatre in U.S. by many including Edward James Olmos who has staged his Latino Film Festival there. Among the Spanish artists I've met at this festival, Fernando Leon de Aranoa, Candela Pena, Carmen Maura, Ingrid Rubio, Alex da la Iglesia, Arturo Ripstein [Mexican director] Goya Toledo. I think the latest from Fernando Leon de Aranoa should have been included this year. I haven't seen it but I think he is Spain's greatest director.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments