Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#91488 - 09/04/12 09:51 AM Telefonica/Movistar
The_Keeper Offline

Loc: Basel, Switzerland
Otherwise known as Timofonica Vomistar.

I am just making a public service announcement, please take note of the below, if you value your health/sanity and at all need to access the internet.

For god's sake do not sign up to a contract with Telefonica or Movistar. They are the most incompetent, unpleasant and thoroughly disagreeable company in Spain. You would be better served using two tin cans and a piece of string.

I will shortly be writing up our year's of experiences with them for a complaint to the Oficina d'Atenció al Consumidor and will past it here. But for now, please heed my advice or on your own head be it.

M.

Like Books? Check out www.bookcrossing.com

#91489 - 09/09/12 06:38 AM Re: Telefonica/Movistar [Re: The_Keeper]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
I use for years Orange and they are very good,all my family has them including the ones in Spain

#91497 - 09/11/12 08:18 AM Re: Telefonica/Movistar [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thank you, "The Keeper" in Basel, Switzerland (??? - see your location), for your Public Service Announcement. It's much appreciated.

I've thankfully never dealt with those guys as I've had Vodafone since "the beginning" - i.e. 7-years ago without incident. Can't wait to read your year's ordeal and just what went wrong. I'm going to GUESS you were attempting to leave-them-behind and change fijo-phone-companies. That really can be a nightmare.

We were using Ya.com for fijo+internet for years (of course the *line* is still "owned" by Telefónica) and decided to change to Jazztel. We did immediately lose our Fijo/land-line, but had a run-around with both Ya.com AND Telefónica to get the line's use granted to Jazztel - AND WE WERE WITHOUT A LANDLINE FOR LIKE 16 MONTHS!!! Luckily, somehow, they/Ya.com DID leave me with the internet connection. Whew! Small favors.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#91500 - 09/11/12 10:00 AM Re: Telefonica/Movistar [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Try dealing with ONO !! Not much better ... Awful customer services . I use Vodafone here in the UK and will stick with them if ever I return to España .

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments