Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#91304 - 07/11/12 10:10 PM Madrid Airport to Piramides
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I am staying at the Holiday Inn Piramides beginning August 31. (Paseo de la Acacias 40). The hotel has already told me that there is a Metro stop right near them with an elevator to the street. But still my bag will be a little heavy and awkward for an older guy like me. Is there a bus that I could take from the airport which would drop me off reasonably close to the hotel? Thanks.

Edited by MadridMan (07/13/12 05:41 AM)
Edit Reason: to embed hotel photo and link to hotel

#91308 - 07/12/12 04:41 PM Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides [Re: arthurg]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
the metro even changing takes less time than a bus
you can get to nuevos ministerios and take the Cercania train to Atocha Acacia is not far, take a taxi should be about 10 euros;
you can also take the new express bus from the airport for Five euros to Atocha too

www.emtmadrid.es
for buses
and
www.metromadrid.es
for metro :subway info

hope it helps

#91316 - 07/13/12 05:41 AM Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
As you can see in the image, the metro station - with its visible elevator - is located not 25 feel from the Hotel Holiday Inn Piramides's door. They also have escalators entering/leaving that metro station.

Still, if you have problems maneuvering the luggage you might seriously consider taking a taxi instead. If you take the metro, you'll have to change lines several times and I can't guarantee there'll be elevators in each change-station. And sometimes, even if there are escalators, you might still have to pull-up/pull-down luggage a dozen steps or so.

Regarding taking buses. You can get the Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus from Barajas to the Atocha Train station (but only as far as the Plaza de la Cibeles on weekends). From there, you'll have to pull your luggage to the OTHER side of Atocha train station to get the bus number 34 in direction GENERAL FANJUL and this bus stops right outside your hotel along the way.

OR, you could always do half-and-half and take the 5 EURO express bus from Barajas to Atocha. THEN then get a taxi. The taxi from Atocha to your hotel will be about 5 Euros plus a supplement for getting the taxi at the train station. http://www.worldtaximeter.com/madrid .

A taxi from Madrid Barajas Airport to your hotel would cost about 30-35 Euros. So you'd save a bit going half-and-half, but take a little longer, too.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#91317 - 07/13/12 10:07 AM Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

well they can take the express bus and taxi combi, but if it was me i take the taxi all the way as the bag is a little heavy ::)

#91319 - 07/13/12 08:38 PM Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

pedmar, I think we agree on that. thumbsup

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#91320 - 07/14/12 08:54 AM Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

glad we do ::)

#91360 - 07/24/12 09:53 PM Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides [Re: pedmar]
arthurg Offline

Thank you so much for your advice. It is really helpful.

#91364 - 07/26/12 05:07 AM Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides [Re: arthurg]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Happy to help, arthurg! Have a good visit to Madrid! wavey

Saludos, MadridMan

#91479 - 08/27/12 11:38 AM Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides [Re: MadridMan]
arthurg Offline

The hotel has told me that I can take the cercanias train Line C1 from T4 to the Piramides station and that it's on the same line. Does that mean I could ride the train without having to change? If so, that would be wonderful. Thanks.

#91480 - 08/27/12 02:50 PM Re: Madrid Airport to Piramides [Re: arthurg]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
It's correct. They leave every half hour,but be careful! isn't the metro train

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments