Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9117 - 02/05/07 07:59 PM Madrid Hotel: Need help!
Bev Offline

Loc: nyc
Ok, now that my daughter has settled in somewhat, we have booked a flight to come in for 10 days starting April 5th to visit. I am looking for a centrally located hotel that serves breakfast or a bed and breakfast that we can stay in for 10 days that is charming and not exorbitant, meaning between 100-130 euros a night, maybe a little more if it's really special. I keep looking thru lists of hotels but there is noway to know what they are like. Last time, we stayed at the Hotel Atlantico and it was ok but would like something different. If you know of any place, please post!!!!! Thanks.

#9118 - 02/06/07 04:17 PM Re: Madrid Hotel: Need help!
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
try hostal la plata Gran via 15 centrally located and well run by the Garrido family. will be under your budget; i have stay there Twice both good.Many friends of mine have stayed and report back good too.
www.hostal-laplata.com

#9119 - 03/02/07 09:55 PM Re: Madrid Hotel: Need help!
Bev Offline

still looking for a hotel. Want something a little luxurious with breakfast, not a hostal. Will pay up to 200 euros. Have a booking but not where I really want to be. Help me with a pretty, centrally located place.......

Some of the hotels I am deciding about are the Hotel Regina and the Villa Real as well as the Atlantico again. Any advice???

#9120 - 03/03/07 12:39 AM Re: Madrid Hotel: Need help!
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Hi Bev,
I'm not familiar with the hotels you mentioned, but I am familiar with Hotel Emperador www.emperadorhotel.com and Hotel Gaudi www.hotel-gaudi.com

Both are located on the Gran Via, within walking distance to the museums, Plaza Mayor, Sol, etc. My parents stayed in Hotel Emperador about 10 years ago and really liked it. I stayed in Hotel Gaudi about five years ago and it was very nice -- it had been renovated recently and the rooms were quite spacious with new bathrooms.

I just did a search with these two hotels in the "Hostels and Other Lodgings" section, and you can read comments (very favorable from what I could see) about these hotels from other board members. And, Vegas baby has already made reservations for Hotel Gaudi for this month!

Hope that helps!

#9121 - 03/03/07 10:56 AM Re: Madrid Hotel: Need help!
Ayala Offline

Loc: Cleveland,Ohio,USA
Hi Bev,

I stayed at the Hotel Regina this past November, when I visited Madrid with my parents. Four nights in all.

The hotel is perfectly located right in the center of the city (The Metro station Sevilla is literally right outside the door), but all major sights are reachable on foot. The room was fairly recently renovated in a tasteful way, with a nice spacious bathroom. The staff was helpful and friendly. They called for early morning taxi to the airport for us, which the previous hotel (Hotel Moderno) I'd stayed at for Easter '06 had promised to do but did not!

The ground floor has a bar/cafe, which seems to be full of locals having their morning coffee. Behind that is the restaurant with a buffet, which is something you wanted. They had a nice selection: fruit, cereal, yogurt, meat, eggs, cheeses, pasteries, tea, coffee, etc. Not bad at all!

The only complaints my parents and I had were the beds (a bit too firm) and the see-through bathroom doors. Whoever thought of that....

Anyhow, it's a 3 star hotel. Some reviews say it could be a 4 star. Not quite Ritz style "luxurious", but it's location can't be beat, and the price is reasonable.

I hope that helps!

#9122 - 03/03/07 05:26 PM Re: Madrid Hotel: Need help!
Bev Offline

Have a booking at Atlantico again. Couldn't get deluxe double but they promised me a top floor with view of Gran Via as I had last time with full breakfast. However, I'm still looking. Checked the Emperador and it got some really bad and some really good reviews. I'm still confused about the Regina, sounds nice but not so different than Atlantico.
I'm still up for suggestions. Anyone know about the Leabeny?

#9123 - 03/03/07 08:01 PM Re: Madrid Hotel: Need help!
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
I stayed at the Emperador a few years ago, and loved it. It was especially nice to use the roof-top swimming pool since it was summer.

I have found that many times the review reflects the person more than the property. I have been to places where a reviewer made it sound like the place I was going to was terrible, and it turned out to be very nice...way more than adequate. Trust me, there is nothing wrong with the Emperador.

#9124 - 03/04/07 06:18 PM Re: Madrid Hotel: Need help!
Bob New York Offline

Loc: Maryland
I would suggest the TRYP MENFIS on the Gran Via. It is about 125- 130. They have rates that include breakfast but if you are a member of MAS there is a discount. MAS is the hotel frequent stay program. I had a great room. The breakfast was very good. I have never been disappointed with this Hotel.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments