MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#91460 - 08/17/12 11:15 AM Re: HouseHunters International [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
The latest Spanish episode featured a Barcelona apartment search. Did anyone catch it?

#91464 - 08/19/12 01:05 AM Re: HouseHunters International [Re: teachertraveler8]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
You know I did! What did you think?

#91466 - 08/19/12 09:25 AM Re: HouseHunters International [Re: laduque]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

I just went and re-watched it. I do not know Barcelona well at all, but I would love to spend more time there sometimes. It looked like the apartments were pretty far from the city center, which would explain the lower prices. (In my opinion. I don't know what housing costs run in a city like Barcelona, but $1000/month seems reasonably low.) One thing that bugs me about the show, but I think they do it purposely, is that people always complain about something. With Americans it is the SIZE of the apartment. It makes us look like we are obsessed with bigger and better. (I kinda think we are) But, if I ever moved to Europe, I would expect that the spaces would be smaller than in the US, so I would find something else to complain about wink

Anyway, I liked the apartments and the one they chose had that nice terraza, which would be a great space to have.

What did you think?

#91468 - 08/20/12 09:42 PM Re: HouseHunters International [Re: teachertraveler8]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
I agree, the Americans always complain about the size, but they also want something typical of whatever country. So understand that that is the way it will be...

I have been to Barcelona for a few days and Gracia is closer to the La Rambla. I'm not sure that I understood what the area was for the second home, but as I look at the map, maybe it was Sant Gervasi. It seems to be just north of Gracia. I do kind of laugh when people think a place is too far away and it is only a 10 minutes bus ride.

All the apartments this time were nice, I agree.

Edited by jacmom (08/21/12 01:05 AM)

#91473 - 08/21/12 06:05 PM Re: HouseHunters International [Re: jacmom]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I agree, the Americans on the show always complain about the size. They should know already (since the house is already picked out and the show is rigged) that places are alot smaller, so I agree with you TT8, that the producers probably tell them to complain.

#91581 - 10/01/12 08:47 PM Re: HouseHunters International [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Today I was watching an episode featuring London apartments and the real estate agent kept quoting the price by the week. Instead of saying 2400/month, she said, "600/week". Is that normal in other countries?

#91586 - 10/04/12 07:34 AM Re: HouseHunters International [Re: teachertraveler8]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
In England it would normally be quoted as monthly . the properties that the estate agent you watched was quoting must have been short-let possibilities . As people are trying to make money and others not willing to commit to long term rental , the idea of short-let is becoming more popular .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments