MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#91083 - 06/08/12 09:41 AM EURO 2012 Ukraine/Poland
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well tonite is it, the beginning of a wonderful championship that Spain is getting use to from 1964 to 2010 and beyond.

First match is Spain vs Italy, great beginning, the defense of old vs the magic of today.
of course there are other teams like France is playing England first,Steve wherre areee youuu!

Lets the party begin. The official site
http://www.uefa.com/

Also: http://www.eurocopa.com/ (MadridMan edit)

and who is your favorite?

Edited by MadridMan (06/10/12 11:19 AM)
Edit Reason: to add link and graphic

#91088 - 06/08/12 05:10 PM Re: EURO 2012 Ukraine/Poland [Re: pedmar]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I am sooooooooo excited!!!!!!!
I wore my Spain jersey to work today along with my very red, Spanish alpargatas!!!

Everyone was asking why! Ay, Americans don't know how wonderful Futbol is!!!!

If all goes well for La Furia Roja, we will be able to celebrate some wins when we are in Spain during the Semi-finals and the Final!!!!!!!

#91089 - 06/08/12 05:11 PM Re: EURO 2012 Ukraine/Poland [Re: laduque]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Pedmar, I have a question about Bernabeu. Do you think my kid and nephew will enjoy the restaurant in the stadium? I know they will LOVE the tour.

#91092 - 06/09/12 07:45 AM Re: EURO 2012 Ukraine/Poland [Re: laduque]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Laduque, I agree with the comment, "Americans don't know how wonderful Futobl is" The latest issue of Sports Illustrated arrived yesterday at our house with no mention of the EuroCup. The only soccer that I saw was about our team preparing for the next World Cup. (unless I missed it) Hopefully it will be front cover as the tournament progresses.

May I throw in my 2 cents about the stadium restaurant? It thought the food was good and the atmosphere, especially having a table overlooking the field was great! The menu is kid-friendly. As we discussed in another post, they had hamburgers on the menu. I ordered a pork cutlet, I think. The menu is posted on their website, so you can see all the offerings. I believe Pedmar and his connection was the reason we had our terrific table. However, I suspect if you arrived at an "off" time, you might get something similar. Perhaps he can comment on that.

How exciting! (How old is your nephew?)

#91094 - 06/09/12 10:04 AM Re: EURO 2012 Ukraine/Poland [Re: teachertraveler8]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Thanks for your input teachertraveler. I've looked at the menu and it appears great. I thought the atmosphere of overlooking the pitch would be fun for the kids.
We took the tour last year and Lucia (our daughter, 8) loved it! Our nephew is 6 and is very much into soccer so the stadium will be fun!

Yes, I peaked at the SI issue and NOTHING about the Euro Cup! We have ESPN Deportes, so we will be able to watch all the games.

I don't understand us, Americans, many of my friends say they don't "get" soccer and it is boring because it is "slow"". SLOW? The ball never stops, the clock never stops! The Players never stop! It's just that it's not a high scoring game and our ADHD in this country can't handle that! I jest of course, but I'm just excited that I found a sport that I LOVE to watch and learn about!

Today is Portugal vs. Germany!!! Go CR7 and Portugal!!!!

#91095 - 06/09/12 11:10 AM Re: EURO 2012 Ukraine/Poland [Re: laduque]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Laduque, Did you take the guided tour? We took the independent tour. If we go this summer with the boys, I'm wondering what might be best. Independent tours are nice because you can take your time, but guided tours often give you little interesting tidbits of information.

#91096 - 06/09/12 11:18 AM Re: EURO 2012 Ukraine/Poland [Re: teachertraveler8]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

We took the independent tour. I did not know there was a guided tour. I agree, it was nice to take our time and wander through the tour.

#91098 - 06/09/12 12:19 PM Re: EURO 2012 Ukraine/Poland [Re: laduque]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

yes and the first two games out
Poland 1 Greece 1,
Russia 4 Czech Republic 1

now we will see Germany vs Portugal and I am even Real Madrid has players on both, although a bit to Portugal do to my oldest boy godfather being from there.

#91099 - 06/09/12 12:21 PM Re: EURO 2012 Ukraine/Poland [Re: pedmar]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

as far as the restaurant well there is an oriental new place there upscale, then the asador, then the Cafe Bernabeu with the best views in my opinion of the stadium field.

If you come in off hours you will get good tables or you can call for reservation and ask for table overlooking the field.
http://www.realcafebernabeu.es/contacto/reservas.html

It will the thrill of the day for kids I am sure. Enjoy and Hala Madrid and Aupa España!!!

#91103 - 06/09/12 09:42 PM Re: EURO 2012 Ukraine/Poland [Re: pedmar]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Thank you Pedmar for the clarification on the restaurant. I think the view of the pitch will be the way to go.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments