Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#90894 - 05/03/12 08:12 AM Teenagers in Spain .
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
A few suggestions may be helpful for the best place to go for 2 adults and 2 teenage girls ( 15 and 17 ) in Spain . We need a place that would be good for the 'oldies' to just chill and lunch and dinner etc.. and yet a place where the girls could walk into town and party safely 'til the early hours . My initial thoughts are Málaga , Valencia , Alicante .. There would need to be beaches and it would be high summer . Anybody out there got some views about Cádiz ? I'd love to go there but not sure it's vibrant enough for teenagers ? I lived 7 years in Madrid ... FAR away from the sea ... and I'm not used to catering for the tastes of teens .

#90895 - 05/04/12 07:57 PM Re: Teenagers in Spain . [Re: steve robinson]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Steve, I think Tom spent a few days in Andalucía a couple of years ago and was in Cádiz, so you should ask him what he thinks.

#90896 - 05/05/12 02:51 PM Re: Teenagers in Spain . [Re: esperanza]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

I'll certainly do that Esperanza . With a little more forethought I should have asked you guys first with 2 young ladies in tow !

#90897 - 05/05/12 02:57 PM Re: Teenagers in Spain . [Re: esperanza]
Crisco Offline

Steve-I think Puerto de Santa Maria would be perfect! If they want to go for a visit there's a fun boat ride that goes over to Cadiz.It's small, safe and easy to walk around, lovely beach, even has a bullring, famous for the sherry bodegas and with the castle where Columbus supposedly stayed,easy to walk,great seafood restaurants and the library has free internet! I stayed there for a week to check on a language school for my high school students. They loved it

#90898 - 05/05/12 06:01 PM Re: Teenagers in Spain . [Re: Crisco]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Thanks Crisco .. I'll check up on that . These girls love to party , especially the eldest and their 'playground' is Moscow's social scene . Very brash , expensive and glitzy . They do love going to quieter places but are more inclined to the more young-orientated resorts now . Last year on holiday in Cyprus we took a bus into Paphos .. Just me , mum and the 2 girls .. I felt like a chaperone ... the girls eyes were all over the young men and telling ME how handsome such and such a boy was and 'did you see him looking at me' etc.... TEENAGERS ! Still , it was fun for them and it made me smile !!

#90901 - 05/05/12 08:00 PM Re: Teenagers in Spain . [Re: steve robinson]
miamiajp Offline

Loc: USA
Have you considered Ibiza?

#90903 - 05/06/12 08:00 AM Re: Teenagers in Spain . [Re: miamiajp]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
try Calpe, on the mediterranean, look it up, my kids and girlfriends were there and love it, and they are teens
cheers

#90934 - 05/09/12 01:20 PM Re: Teenagers in Spain . [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Although it's no longer Chic, Benidorm might be a good option. I don't care for the place myself - as it's practically the antithesis of being in Spain - but they have some of Spain's best beaches and beaches lined with bars and loud music pumping left and right. LOTS of hotels to choose from, too, if you're not planning on renting a house.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90941 - 05/09/12 04:48 PM Re: Teenagers in Spain . [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

MM .... I don't know what to say ... BENIDORM !! ??? The place is absolutely horrible !! I travelled there with someone that mispent his youth there and even he doesn't like it . 10 minutes drive and you can be in Altea .. Soooo nice .. touristy but classy too . MM , I don't know if you're aware but there is a well known comedy series ( made in the UK ) called 'Benidorm ' . It follows various British people in Benidorm .. some are 'posh' and are horrified , some are drunks , the gay , camp couple .. An older couple that are 'swingers' etc.. It's absolutely hilarious . The barman is a very fit , young guy called Mateo who's always chatting up the girls and his co-barperson is a very bad looking , but good hearted transvestite . It's on DVD and is brilliant . I have only been to Benidorm one time and that will be the last time .
Actually I will mention a good point . Benidorm was the first time I'd tried 'gofres' .. My friend got them from a kiosk in downtown Benidorm . smothered in hot chocolate sauce ... ABSOLUTE HEAVEN ! ------ .

#90945 - 05/10/12 04:55 AM Re: Teenagers in Spain . [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Benidorm IS horrible, true, but they still have the best beaches and dozens of places to "party" along the beach. Not sure where else to recommend except, maybe Mallorca (Mallorca??) where our Irish friend - and onetime message board member - Berry has a small palace. Maybe contact him for suggestions?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments