MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90773 - 04/01/12 05:35 PM Palm Sunday Procession in Madrid 2012
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Latest Blog Entry: "Palm Sunday Procession in Madrid 2012"

Palm Sunday, or "Domingo de Ramos" in Spanish, is the first day of Holy Week ("Semana Santa") processions throughout Spain. This afternoon I caught the "Cristo de la Fe y del Perdón" procession of the San Miguel Church in Madrid, located very near the Plaza de la Villa and the plaza at which I watched it pass at a snail's pace along with maybe a thousand others.

It started at 7pm, slowly leaving through the front doors of the Iglesia de San Miguel and turning right, and entering the Plaza de la Villa at about 7:30pm, heading north and hugging the left side of the plaza and passing in front of Madrid's former city hall.
(Read on, McDuff...)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90774 - 04/02/12 07:50 AM Re: Palm Sunday Procession in Madrid 2012 [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

In about 20 minutes from now, the VIDEO of this procession, just the Virgin Mary ("María Santísima Inmaculada") part, will be officially published on YouTube. Later today I'll add it to the above blog posting.

If you're anxious, you'll be able to find it sooner on my YouTube Channel at http://YouTube.com/MadridManSpain .wave

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90775 - 04/02/12 09:08 AM Re: Palm Sunday Procession in Madrid 2012 [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
great photos, thanks for the story. Love the period and even more so distance from Madrid.

#90776 - 04/02/12 10:22 AM Re: Palm Sunday Procession in Madrid 2012 [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Here's the/my video of the procession showing "María Santísima Inmaculada" entering the Plaza de la Villa of Madrid yesterday:

I've already added to the aforementioned blog post.

Saludos, MadridMan

#90777 - 04/02/12 02:27 PM Re: Palm Sunday Procession in Madrid 2012 [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

MM can I copy the video to FB, have family there would love to see it.

#90778 - 04/02/12 06:57 PM Re: Palm Sunday Procession in Madrid 2012 [Re: pedmar]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
MardridMan,

Great post on the procession with VIDEO! I remember being in the same plaza way back in 2004. The procession was very impressive, especially when the fellow struck the silver bell. There were also horsemen with live falcons. Incredible.

Thanks for brining back the memories.

And, please, when you can, more VIDEO.

Bon dia from Aruba.

#90779 - 04/03/12 11:34 AM Re: Palm Sunday Procession in Madrid 2012 [Re: admiral44]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

pedmar, you can, of course, post my video to wherever you like. I'd be honored.

admiral44, thanks for your kind words. Glad to bring back memories for you. I'll do my best to make more videos - need to get myself a real video camera, too. That's on the to-buy list for 2012.

Saludos, MadridMan

#90780 - 04/03/12 01:59 PM Re: Palm Sunday Procession in Madrid 2012 [Re: MadridMan]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Madridman,

I upgraded from a regular "consumer" video camera (a Canon VIXIA) to a Canon XF100 back in October. The XF100 is a powerful video camera (at the very bottom, however, of so-called "professional" units). The thing is, due to limitations of the web it doesn't pay to use the highest quality video it can capture. Also, editing requires a computer with PLENTY of POWER and MEMORY and FAST hard drives. Another consideration is audio. Built in microphones just don't do the job, but there is an affordable alternative that works very well: the Rode Videomic. I'm impressed with it's abilities for a relatively low price. And finally, the better the camera, the more necessary a tripod because the footage will appear shaky or slightly blurry if it the camera is not solidly stable.

Just a few humble things to consider from my own experience. I've made about 40 short videos in the past 2 months for my own blog and am getting ready to do an actual "show" format in June for 4 separate subjects. We'll see how it turns out. A lot harder than I ever imagined. It seems I forgot a bunch of things from my film school days, but they're coming back slow but sure.

These days, its wonderful to have the ability to capture moments like the Palm Sunday procession and then show them on the web. Gives others an opportunity to see it from a first hand perspective. All in all, quite economical in the end compared to what used to be spent simply on still photographs, developing, printing, etc.

Bon dia and see you in Madrid someday.

#90781 - 04/03/12 02:14 PM Re: Palm Sunday Procession in Madrid 2012 [Re: admiral44]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

great thanks, I just did lol:::!

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments