MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90705 - 03/16/12 05:20 PM Langostinos - FAT Shrimp for Friday Night Dinner
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Latest Blog Entry: "Langostinos - FAT Shrimp for Friday Night Dinner in Madrid"

Growing up in the rural Ohio, USA, "America's Heartland", eating shrimp was a near-luxury, something you only got if you went to the Red Lobster family restaurant in the next town. If you went to "the big city", however, you might order shrimp cocktail with spicy cocktail sauce. These "luxuries" usually cost quite a bit there, but here in Spain they're relatively cheap - at least when you buy them at the local market.

One of the many things I love about Madrid and Spain is (muted drum-roll please) the food. Imagine how this small-town boy moves from the Midwest, USA to Madrid, Spain, Europe!?!? That's a whole other continent, hemisphere, language! And you may not be surprised to hear that they eat foods here which I'd only seen in old Hollywood horror movies and Jacques Cousteau documentaries.
(Read on, McDuff...)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90706 - 03/16/12 05:51 PM Re: Langostinos - FAT Shrimp for Friday Night Dinner [Re: MadridMan]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
You're lucky to get those "langoustinos" at a great price. Fortunately here in Aruba, I can walk down to the local fisherman's wharf and get them by the kilo. They'll cook them up right there if you like, but only in the frier and that is not the best way to have them (IMHO). But down in San Nicolaas, at Charlie's Bar, they sauté them with garlic and little else. Now there's a treat!

And you hit the nail on the head with the Rueda Verdejo pairing. Mrs. 44 and I enjoy that very much since we started drinking the wine during the last visit to España.

Thanks for the post and bon dia from Aruba.

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments