Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90558 - 02/17/12 09:37 AM Madrid: Outdoor pool at Casa del Campo
emmacoelho Offline

It is a long time since I lived in Madrid, and when I was there every day was spent (what can I say, I was at uni!) in the summer at the pool up at Casa del Campo (by the metro Lago). We used to take our lunch, along with soft drinks there and spend the day sunning ourselves and swimming.

I am going back for a hen weekend in June this year, and am planning on taking everyone there. Does anyone know if you are still allowed to take in your own food/drink?? I had a look on the website and couldn't find the info. Any insights as to whether it has changed would be superb. Thanks!

Edited by MadridMan (02/22/12 06:41 AM)
Edit Reason: to include city name in subject line and embed image.

#90570 - 02/22/12 06:40 AM Re: Madrid: Outdoor pool at Casa del Campo [Re: emmacoelho]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I know ONE message board member who used to be a summertime regular at the Casa de Campo swimming pools in Madrid. Hopefully he can shed some light on the food-thing. I'm pretty darn sure you can take in your own food and drinks, though.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90595 - 02/26/12 06:19 PM Re: Madrid: Outdoor pool at Casa del Campo [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Last time I was there as just over a year ago , and I know MM is referring to me because I spent a LOT of summer time by the pool at Lago . I saw a lot of people there taking their own food and a few with cool boxes ... I know you're not allowed , technically , to take photos at the pool ( I was caught once ) , but I'm sure I have a photo showing mini picnics being set up . A lot of people seem not to want to bother carrying too much in , what you know are Madrid's infierno summers so just rely on the bar and trash food they sell up at the cafe . The other thing is that they never search bags so you could have a couple of you sharing a bag for towels etc.. and then have someone carrying another bag with the food in . I'd definitely use the cafe for the drinks though ... Always ice cold and pretty cheap .

#90613 - 03/02/12 05:10 AM Re: Madrid: Outdoor pool at Casa del Campo [Re: steve robinson]
emmacoelho Offline

great thanks! We used to take food in when I lived out there, but I know with the joys of health and safety that they sometimes change things. Hmmm interesting one on the photos, which I do understand :-) Appreciate the response!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments