Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9052 - 10/16/06 06:17 AM Madrid - need flat for holiday
jackconnell Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Our college-age daughter is doing a semester abroad at Universidad Autonoma de Madrid and we're flying over for Thanksgiving week. We (grown daughter, teenage son, my wife and me) will be arriving Fri 17 Nov and immediately travelling somewhere for the weekend. We'd like to check into apartment-type lodging when we return to Madrid on Sun 19 Nov and stay there until we leave the following Saturday 25 Nov. There will be 4 of us staying in the apartment. We would like to be reasonably close to Nuevos Minesterios or Rios Rosas Metro, where our daughter is staying.

The unusual part of this request: If possible, we'd like to hold a big Thanksgiving feast with ideally enough room to invite some of our daughter's friends and possibly 2 Madrid families (we've hosted exchange students from Madrid for the past 2 years), for a total of about 12-15 people. I'm not optimistic about finding a place to hold all those people, but at least we'd like to have a kitchen of some sort that we could use to prepare food. Other suggestions about this part of the search are welcome (where to find a turkey, alternate location to meet, etc.).

We're pretty casual folks and don't need anything fancy but would like it to be safe (of course) and reasonably convenient to the subway line. Thanks for any suggestions!!

#9053 - 10/16/06 10:06 AM Re: Madrid - need flat for holiday
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That's a good question, jackconnell! Welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board!

Most rental apartments have a maximum of 2 bedrooms which is usually perfect for 4-persons. HOWEVER, having space enough for 12-15 people is quite another matter.

As an example, if you visit the MadridApart.com website and click on the listings for 2-bedroom apartments you'll find some larger apartments, good enough for 4-persons and with some space. However, finding any apartment which will accommodate 12-15 people for a dinner will be difficult no matter where you try.

I'd go down the listing of the Madrid Apartments page and see which one has the largest dining area or has the most tables/chairs available and/or one in the area at which your daughter will be staying.

Best of luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#9054 - 10/18/06 10:26 PM Re: Madrid - need flat for holiday
ned Offline

Loc: USA
...jackconnell...i just came accross this site by accident...http://easylanding.es/ ...i have not had any dealings with them but they may be worth looking into...maybe some-one knows of them!!

#9055 - 10/23/06 05:44 PM Re: Madrid - need flat for holiday
shabba53 Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia
I'd highly recommend checking out Capital apartments . I've stayed in their places the past 4 times we've stayed in Madrid. This last time, they gave us the entire top floor of an apartment building. It was two apartments that shared the hallway, but each had a 300 sq. foot patio, which would help to hold a large amount of people. They also have 2 and 3 bedroom places which we've stayed at that are pretty large.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments