Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90439 - 02/01/12 03:51 PM Self Service Laundry in Madrid
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
I will be spending three months in and out of the city. Would like information on location, prices, etc. for self-service laundry. I know I can do most in the bathroom sink, but sometimes a reall washing machine and dry will be useful as well.

Thanks!

#90441 - 02/01/12 08:06 PM Re: Self Service Laundry in Madrid [Re: Silver Traveler]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
While not self-service, I have been using the laundry service on c/Alvarez Gato 2 near Hostal Adriano. They wash, dry and fold 5 kilos (about a dozen asst. items) for €7, €9 if you want them ironed. I get them in by about 1 p.m. and get them back around 7 p.m. It saves me all that time sitting around a laundromat. They are pretty nice and I always tell them I am staying at The Adriano.

Yelp Link to Address

Matt

#90445 - 02/02/12 05:00 AM Re: Self Service Laundry in Madrid [Re: Mongo]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
There are several coming along because the practice is still not popular, there we send out to do it in Tintorerias if not done at home. these are known to me and my family there
calle León nº 8.
calle de La Estrella nº10 (near Gran Vía).
Lavandería Mariland, lower Argüelles district by Calle Meléndez Valdés 52
Donoso Cortés, 17
Lavanderia Wash'n Dry,Calle Corredera Alta de San Pablo 14,(near metro Tribunal)
Lavanderia Ondablu
Calle Hortaleza, 84,

hope it helps with google you can place them .

#90458 - 02/03/12 03:48 AM Re: Self Service Laundry in Madrid [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Silver Traveler, welcome back! wave In what part of Madrid will you be staying? Mongo's suggestion sounds like a good one! Who wants to sit around for hours in a laundromat when you can leave them, see the sights and have tapas-y-vino, then come back to find everything washed and ironed!? laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90480 - 02/05/12 09:21 AM Re: Self Service Laundry in Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
Thanks for the great information. I have visited Madrid saveral times, but never had the need for and never looked for the laundry. The ones posted (leave and pick up in a while) will serve me greatly. I will in two places, Hostal Montecarlo at Calle Funercaral (spelling?) and Gran Via, or at the Apartmento at Euro Building 2 - THe second will be more convenient for the Vaughantown Pickup location (the same building) but I enjoy the Gran Via area as well. I ahve also stayed at the Adriano, and in that area before as well.

Would be great to meet you some weekend, Madrid Man, I will also be free during a few weeks, but may be traveling on my own then. Thanks for the information...I enjoy the board so much and often recommned it tothers.

#90513 - 02/12/12 01:57 PM Re: Self Service Laundry in Madrid [Re: Silver Traveler]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I've used the laundromat in the Barrio deLetras but will not give you the name as you've got plenty already ... I just wanted to say that it was about 7 years ago and the first time I had ever been into a laundromat .. So I was nervous .. I stayed in hostales in the area for a total of about 6 weeks .. and really ENJOYED sitting and waiting the hour ( wash and dry ) in the laundromat .. reading a newspaper .. and , more importantly , meeting other people . Laundromats are very social places potentially . I had a travel iron with me ( bought at Macys in NYC ... Fancy eh !!! ) so ironed my clothes on a towel on the floor myself .

#90534 - 02/15/12 06:13 AM Re: Self Service Laundry in Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yeah, I'm with steve robinson. On my first visit to Madrid/Spain, I think I, too, would be nervous in a laundromat for hours-on-end, awaiting the wash-n-dry of my clothes when I could be out seeing the sights.

Hope to see you while you're here, Silver Traveler!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments