Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9049 - 10/11/06 12:09 PM Madrid: lodging for 3?
BigD Offline

Loc: Algonquin, IL
This is my first post to this awesome site. We are a family of 3 travelling to Madrid in late April 2007. Our daughter is 4. Do we have to pay the triple rate? Is she free? Debating hostal vs. apartment rental since we would probably be spending more down time in the room than most travellers(without kids). Thanks

#9050 - 10/11/06 04:19 PM Re: Madrid: lodging for 3?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Hi BigD,

I don't know if your daughter would raise the price for a room in Spain or not. Most hostals/hostels that I've stayed in do not have double beds, or not many, so you would probably want a room with three beds, which will cost a little more, but not enough to worry about.

I personally like staying in an inexpensive apartment myself. In 2002, I stayed in one that was very centrally located. It cost a little more that $100 a night. I would imagine the current price would now be about $120 to $130 a night.

The reason I enjoyed this accommodation is 1.) it seemed quieter and more private than a hostal in addition to really seeming like I lived in Spain again, 2.) there is a washing machine, so clean clothes is not an issue, and 3.) as good as Spanish food is, I like my wife's cooking, and when she cooks a Spanish dish, together with easily available Spanish wine and treats, let's face it, I'm in heaven.

#9051 - 10/15/06 05:06 AM Re: Madrid: lodging for 3?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I sent an email to a friend here in Madrid who's a hostel owner and she told me that it all depends on the hostel. Guests aren't usually charged full price for a child but possible a kind of "supplement" - and definitely if another bed (roll-away-bed) is added to the room.

So the best thing I can recommend to you is to choose, say, 3 hostels you're considering. Send them all emails requesting availability, and at the same time ask them if there's an extra charge for your 4-year-old.

Enjoy Spain! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments