Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90485 - 02/05/12 04:22 PM MADRID: Calle de Torija neighborhood. Opinions?!
Di Kitchy Offline

Loc: Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK
Hi everyone, thanks for being patient with me. I would like your opinions on my final choice of apartment which I hope to book tomorrow.
It is the Zeffirelli apartment on Calle de Torija, 6, not far from the Monasterio de la Encarnacion. Can someone tell me which barrio this is please.
MadridMan.....any suggestions as to which agent I should book through please?

Many thanks
Di x

Edited by MadridMan (02/07/12 06:29 AM)
Edit Reason: To clarify topic in subject line.

#90492 - 02/07/12 06:32 AM Re: MADRID: Calle de Torija neighborhood. Opinions?! [Re: Di Kitchy]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Oooooh... goood. You're narrowing it down and I think you've hit this one on the head. This neighborhood is called "Barrio de los Austrias", a good choice. Here's what I wrote in my other posting:

Quote:
I couldn't find an actual website for the "Zeffirelli Apartments", but did find it to be on calle de Torija, 6 in Madrid. This is a very good area, mostly residential, but also very very close to the old center. Actually, it's part of the old center, but I mean it's away from the tourist center. It's close to the Senate building, Café de Chinitas flamenco tablao (my vote!), to OPERA and the Royal Palace. Good location, indeed, and in a nice, old building. You'll love it.

I can't recommend any particular rental agent though, no. I'd imagine them all to be essentially the same. What are your choices?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90505 - 02/07/12 08:32 AM Re: MADRID: Calle de Torija neighborhood. Opinions?! [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
I agree very nice area, you wont go wrong there. as apt dont know any in the area; nowdays I stay closer to Bernabeu ::) or with family.
Cheers

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2428 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments