Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90440 - 02/01/12 05:28 PM eating in Toledo on a Sunday night
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
We're looking into spending a night in Toledo in March. If we do, we'll be there on a Sunday night and I'm just wondering how lively--or not--Toledo will be on a Sunday evening. We don't need anything fancy--if some bars are open and we can have tapas, we'll be fine.

#90444 - 02/02/12 04:44 AM Re: eating in Toledo on a Sunday night [Re: liz49]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well dont recall spending a Sunday night maybe long time ago, but Sundays are usually low key, having said that, Toledo is very touristic so maybe things are open at that time.
someone more recent can tell you that, or contact the tourist office there and ask.
hope it helps

#90457 - 02/03/12 03:44 AM Re: eating in Toledo on a Sunday night [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello, liz49! Welcome back to our ALL SPAIN Message Board! I see you joined in 2002. Wow! Going back 10 years already. And you're from my home-state of Ohio! thumbsup

Toledo, in general, is much quieter after the day-trippers leave on the last bus/train for Madrid. Sunday night would likely be even quieter, sure. But on the up-side, you'll get to see a quieter, gentler Toledo which few experience, away from the tourist crowds, full restaurants, etcetera. I have no doubt you'll find several bars open for tapas and probably have the place to yourselves. Enjoy!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90468 - 02/04/12 08:14 AM Re: eating in Toledo on a Sunday night [Re: MadridMan]
liz49 Offline

Hi MadridMan! Thanks for the welcome back.

We're anxious to see exactly the Toledo you've described--quiet, less touristy, etc. We're staying at the Hotel Carlos V which I think will have us close enough to Plaza Zocodover and other central sites to find some bars for a snack that evening.

Edited by MadridMan (02/04/12 09:30 AM)
Edit Reason: to correct MadridMan's name and embed hotel link.

#90471 - 02/04/12 02:25 PM Re: eating in Toledo on a Sunday night [Re: liz49]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I have stayed at the Carlos V and it was very nice and in a great location! You will love Toledo. It is a special place! My favorite time in Toledo is the early evening. Have a wonderful time!

#90472 - 02/04/12 04:37 PM Re: eating in Toledo on a Sunday night [Re: esperanza]
liz49 Offline

Thank you, Esperanza! This will be my fifth visit to Toledo--it's one of my favorite destinations in Spain. I'm really glad to have the opportunity to see what it's like in the evening.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2068 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments