Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#90412 - 01/25/12 09:37 AM Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Latest Blog Entry: "Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus"

11 April 2012 UPDATE: Today's News, the price will raise form 2€ to 5€ per trip eek starting 1 May 2012.

Madrid’s Airport Express Shuttle Bus has been in operation for over a year and is an easy alternative – for many – to taxis, “cercanías” regional trains, and even the metro for getting into downtown Madrid cheaply and quickly.

The 24-hour bus takes you to/from the Plaza de Cibeles or Atocha Train Station from/to Madrid Barajas Airport Terminals 1 & 2, 3, and to the new Terminal 4, for only 2 Euros (at present) each way and takes 35-40 minutes.
(Read on, McDuff...)

Saludos, MadridMan

Edited by MadridMan (04/11/12 03:23 AM)
Edit Reason: Update Price Information

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90414 - 01/25/12 02:08 PM Re: Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
good to know its doing well, we have a similar in paris for years roissybus
better to see the city above ground ;;)

#90416 - 01/26/12 11:10 AM Re: Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus [Re: pedmar]
Crisco Offline

Pedmar but the Roissybus is not a the same bargain at 10 euros!

#90417 - 01/26/12 01:18 PM Re: Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus [Re: Crisco]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

similar service, did not say anything about value ::)but bus wise it was first, then ...will direct airport CDG to opera in 2015 ...by train

#90423 - 01/27/12 10:57 PM Re: Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus [Re: MadridMan]
cMh Offline

Loc: Washington not DC
¡Muchas gracias MM! This was just what I needed...pictures/1000 words etc. I arrive next Thurs evening and will be checking the bus option out. I navigated the metro my first visit in Aug 2010, on my own (50ish,female,solá)and did well. But, I will like to ride above ground this time. I am still pinching myself that I am lucky enough to come back to Spain. ¡Es un país muy especial!Hasta pronto ~

#90428 - 01/29/12 02:55 PM Re: Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus [Re: cMh]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

si si si , above ground is always better, see more. Enjoy your visit ,and tell us back your new experiences.
cheers

#90435 - 02/01/12 02:55 AM Re: Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Happy travels, cMh! Hope the Express Bus works well for you! I think it's great, personally, and much more comfortable than lugging luggage 20 minutes to the airport metro station after baggage claim, then up/down escalators and through turnstiles, then changing trains 2-3 times to get to your destination - although the metro would take you closer to your hotel's door!

Plus, a lot of people go directly from Madrid Barajas Airport to Atocha Train Station to catch the train to other Spanish destinations. So particularly for them, it's the best way to go.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90442 - 02/02/12 12:16 AM Re: Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus [Re: MadridMan]
cMh Offline

Loc: Washington not DC
Gracias, MadridMan! And you are right, I won´t miss lugging my travel pack up and down stairs. I am INCREDIBLY excited to be coming back. I´ll stay 1 night on C/Cervantes and then, AVE to Córdoba for 2 weeks of language class and visiting with my friends there. I´m happy for the walk, about the same Anton Martin or Plaza Cibeles or Atocha. Not a big deal at all. I´m seeing and hearing that it´s co-o-o-o-ld! Bringin' the thick wool bootsocks! un abrazo fuerte ~marie[

Edited by MadridMan (02/03/12 03:26 AM)
Edit Reason: to correct "MadridMan"'s spelling.

#90454 - 02/03/12 03:29 AM Re: Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus [Re: cMh]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Happy Travels, cHh!! thumbsup When you have time, it'd be great if you'd come back here and share your Express Bus - or on the "Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus" blog post itself. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

#90814 - 04/11/12 03:20 AM Re: Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

TODAY'S NEWS: Madrid Airport Express Shuttle Bus prices raise from an economical 2€ to a WHOPPING 5€ starting 1 May 2012!!! huh

Can ANYONE believe this kind of raise in price? Sure, maybe 2 to 2.50€ - or even to 3€, but more than doubling the price to 5€ ?!?!?

Angrily written, MadridMan angryfire

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments