Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90208 - 11/20/11 07:34 PM Rick Steves Spain 2012 Recommends MadridMan.com
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Those who know or follow me KNOW I never "blow my own horn", but found the "Rick Steves' Spain 2012" book lists MadridMan.com as a useful resource - on page 356:

Quote:
"Helpful Website: While not officially part of the TI (tourist information), www.MadridMan.com is run with passion by American Scott Martin (me! wave ) and offers tips on sightseeing, hotels, restaurants, and more."

I read that just yesterday/Saturday while standing in a Columbus, Ohio USA (just visiting) Barnes & Noble book store and, I have to admit, was a bit fluttery with pride. Wow. Rick Steves is like THE PREMIER travel expert here in the USA.

Thanks, Rick!! thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan yeah

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90209 - 11/21/11 03:58 AM Re: Rick Steves Spain 2012 Recommends MadridMan.com [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Congratulations MM. You deserve it because you do a lot of good to Spain. Besides here we know more about Spain than Rick Steves ever dream hehehehe ::)
En hora buena!

#90210 - 11/21/11 06:41 AM Re: Rick Steves Spain 2012 Recommends MadridMan.com [Re: pedmar]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I was going to ask if he consulted you, but I guess not according to your post. He has a staff in Spain, but I suppose they didn't call you either. How wonderful! Congratulations.

#90211 - 11/21/11 07:58 AM Re: Rick Steves Spain 2012 Recommends MadridMan.com [Re: teachertraveler8]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Bravo! You deserve it, my friend!

#90212 - 11/21/11 12:34 PM Re: Rick Steves Spain 2012 Recommends MadridMan.com [Re: esperanza]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Fantastic! Well deserved MM.

How'd they get your name? That's spooky.

#90213 - 11/21/11 02:46 PM Re: Rick Steves Spain 2012 Recommends MadridMan.com [Re: Rodolfo]
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City

Wow! MM that is great news. I been using Rick Steves for a long time and this is the first time I knew something (Madridman website) before Rick Steves did!

This will mean more traffic to your website. Hope you are ready! smile

Bill

#90222 - 11/22/11 05:09 PM Re: Rick Steves Spain 2012 Recommends MadridMan.com [Re: Bill from NYC]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks, all! Nope. No contact was made before the listing. Besides, why in the world would I mind?!?!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90359 - 01/11/12 09:14 AM Re: Rick Steves Spain 2012 Recommends MadridMan.com [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Just yesterday (10 January 2012), in his Rick Steves blog, he also mentions MadridMan.com in #3 under "Helpful Websites", listing it as "Madrid Spain Tourist Guide". yeah

He writes:
Quote:
I’m a personal fan of websites run by locals and expats passionate about sharing info on their hometown with travelers. These sites (such as Athens Survival Guide and Madrid Spain Tourist Guide), hosted by an enthusiastic local correspondence, are often very helpful.

So apparently, Rick Steves has also included MadridMan.com in his "Europe Through The Back Door 2012" guide as well. Can anyone confirm this by sight, please?

Saludos, MadridMan

#90363 - 01/11/12 02:34 PM Re: Rick Steves Spain 2012 Recommends MadridMan.com [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
That is great news indeed, well deserve.

I ,also have you in my blog , in a small hommage ::)

Edited by MadridMan (01/12/12 04:18 AM)
Edit Reason: to combine to consecutive postings.

#90366 - 01/12/12 04:21 AM Re: Rick Steves Spain 2012 Recommends MadridMan.com [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thank you, pedmar! That's very nice of you.

Regarding the "Europe Through The Back Door" book, now I'm thinking MadridMan.com will be included in the 2013 edition to be published in August. Can anyone confirm that MadridMan.com is also mentioned int eh 2012 edition, please? Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments