Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90257 - 12/08/11 04:27 PM Review of British Airways
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I found a pretty good Spain fare on British airways. Has anyone used them before? Any thoughts?

#90261 - 12/09/11 11:42 AM Re: Review of British Airways [Re: teachertraveler8]
Crisco Offline

Did you go as far as to get the total price-their taxes are outrageously high!They code share w/Iberia-a love hate relationship! I had to connect through London to Madrid and they lost my luggage twice! Iberia would not help find it and even though BA said they had sent it on the next day,iberia coulsn't find it.Two days later,I finally went out to the airport and found it, broken, at another terminal in lost luggage.They are also very strict w/luggage weight-I was okay in madrid but had to repack and leave my books behind in London!Last negative-you cannot select your seat until 24 hrs before
your flight!

flight!!!!

#90263 - 12/10/11 01:33 PM Re: Review of British Airways [Re: Crisco]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I've flown several times with them from LA to Madrid. The layover in Heathrow can be a nightmare but better then Gatwick. They have lost our luggage the last 5 times out of 6. I, too, have had the same luggage story of finding my own luggage days later in Barajas.
We use them for their great frequent flyer club that lets you use points and gather points for the whole family, so we have flown on free tix before.
Now that Iberia flies direct from L.A> we are never going back. It's worth the higher price to fly direct!
When are you going?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments