Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#89923 - 08/09/11 02:35 PM Travel options from Alicante to Granada?
scottya Offline

Loc: Ontario
Hi!
We're going to be in Alicante in October, and then travelling on to Granada. Originally we were going to go by train, but it seems that there is no direct service between the two cities, and with changing trains it's a pretty long trip (especially with a 3-year-old). So we'll likely take the bus, or rent a car. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? Any suggestions for car rental companies that would allow a return in a different city, and any recommendations for a driving route?

Thanks!
Scott

#89924 - 08/10/11 06:50 AM Re: Travel options from Alicante to Granada? [Re: scottya]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
welcome to the forum scottya

never done the trip myself, but take time to explore Alicante a very underated place in my opinon
Bus service in Spain is generally good, buses use to be modern and confortable. There are many different bus companies in spain, but normally just one per route. Alsa is currently the main bus company in Spain and owns the route Granada-

Alicante there are five buses daily and cost from 27,77euros
GRANADA ALICANTE 02:30 07:50
GRANADA ALICANTE 10:21 16:20
GRANADA ALICANTE 15:45 22:05
GRANADA ALICANTE 16:15 21:10
GRANADA ALICANTE 23:30 04:30

http://www.discover-alicante.com/bus/alicante-granada-bus.html
this 1s from 2009 and prices will be out of date

hope it helps a little bit

#89925 - 08/10/11 02:30 PM Re: Travel options from Alicante to Granada? [Re: billy the man]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Hi Scottya,

As Billy suggested, do spend some time in Alicante.

Buses in Spain are great - clean, fast and cheap. Your three year old will be doted on and spoiled by everyone so have no concerns on that aspect.

#89926 - 08/10/11 06:44 PM Re: Travel options from Alicante to Granada? [Re: Puna]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I took the bus on two of my trips to Spain. It was easy and inexpensive. It was also a very enjoyable way to travel. You can buy bus tickets the day of or in advance.

Have a wonderful trip!

#89927 - 08/11/11 02:40 PM Re: Travel options from Alicante to Granada? [Re: teachertraveler8]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well to see all best the car is king, great areas to drive, if cant afford it then the bus is ok.
my son just came back from near there n Calpe great weather and fun times
the bus times , Spain has a central place that is building up at www.movelia.es

#89931 - 08/14/11 02:17 PM Re: Travel options from Alicante to Granada? [Re: pedmar]
scottya Offline

Thanks for the helpful feedback so far. The bus seems pretty manageable. Is anyone familiar with the drive between Alicante and Granada? Is it particularly scenic, and are there places to stop that would make a car worth the extra expense?

Thanks again!

#89932 - 08/15/11 11:04 AM Re: Travel options from Alicante to Granada? [Re: scottya]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Scottya,

Driving is the best way as you can wander and stop when you feel like it. However, driving in the cities can be a mini-nightmare asmany of the streets are narrow to say the least. Round-abouts can also be confusing unless you know exactly where you want to exist. Plan ahead - especially with a toddler.

Edited by Puna (08/15/11 11:05 AM)

#90012 - 09/20/11 09:21 PM Re: Travel options from Alicante to Granada? [Re: Puna]
scottya Offline

We've decided to rent a car for a day, and do the trip that way.
One week until we leave.

Thanks for all the input!

Scott

#90021 - 09/24/11 10:40 AM Re: Travel options from Alicante to Granada? [Re: scottya]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
thanks for reporting back. Have a great trip, to see the nooks and crannies of Spain the best is the car, the 3 yrs will love it too as well as adults.

#90099 - 10/14/11 05:51 PM Re: Travel options from Alicante to Granada? [Re: pedmar]
scottya Offline

made it to Granada no problem. Returning the rental in Granada. Yikes! I've never, ever been that lost driving in my life. Wow! And I thought I planned ahead.
Anyway, we're here for a few weeks, and are looking forward to exploring the city!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments