MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#90066 - 10/07/11 08:19 AM Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Latest Blog Entry: "Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck For GREAT Views of Madrid"

The Palacio de Cibeles, Madrid's "new" City Hall, recently opened their 8th floor observation deck, the deck which encircles the iconic clock tower and offers spectacular views of the Plaza de Cibeles and the Calle de Alcalá-Gran Vía split.

Oh, and did I mention.... IT'S FREE?!?! Yup. You read that right. FREE! I, too, was surprised. Maybe that's why they only allow visitors 15-minutes to feverishly snap photos before letting the next batch "on-deck".
(Read on, McDuff...)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90074 - 10/08/11 05:25 PM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City

I did today, found it because of the front door is so inviting to enter. Nice views from up top but the interior in fun looking, enjoy walking around and photograph some of it. The colorful lounge was very comfortable and when I say color I mean florescent type colors.

After leaving I headed over to rooftop terrace of Bellas Arts which I like the views better. Also if you know where to look at each place you can see the crowds visiting. I wonder how long it going to tourist to know you can visit both when visiting Plaza de Cibeles.

#90075 - 10/08/11 06:39 PM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: Bill from NYC]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

WHAT?! You're HERE and we haven't seen you?? Glad you liked the visit to the Palacio de Cibeles. Bet you got some great photos from up there. The Círculo de Bellas Artes rooftop views are good too and you can stay as long as you like.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90078 - 10/10/11 04:55 AM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
the Circulo de Bellas Artes is a classic there, and glad they open the Palacio de Cibeles ,post office and heard now the mayors office of Madrid. Something to take a look on my return october 25-27 for business but should have the evenings free;and told in shout too, so be warned lol!

#90081 - 10/11/11 12:18 AM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: pedmar]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

MadridMan,
Thanks for posting the link to your blog here -- very useful information and I hope to see the interior of the Palacio de Cibeles for myself some day! The renovation looks beautiful and I bet it's a great view up there! Also, I meant to tell you earlier that I saw the link to the photos you posted on Twitter about three weeks ago, and I really liked the pictures!

I was trying to find a website with information about visiting the Palacio de Cibeles, but I was unsuccessful in doing so. Do you know of one? If yes, could you share? Thanks so much! smile

#90085 - 10/11/11 03:49 PM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: la historiadora]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi, la historiadora!,What kind of information were you seeking on the Palacio de Cibeles? Touristic? Historical? They don't have their own website, no, but maybe I could answer your questions here.

Saludos, MadridMan

#90087 - 10/11/11 10:30 PM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I was thinking in terms of practical information -- although you did give a lot of it -- such as bringing a group up there. I'm helping someone plan a tour for a group of high school students, and I thought this might be a fun place for them to go. It's a beautiful historic building and it'd be a great view up there. But, I don't know if they allow an organized group to go up, or if you'd have to wait with everyone else.

Also, do you know if people are allowed to get their tickets in advance (whether in a group as an individual)? Just seems like a neat thing to do in Madrid.

Gracias!

#90089 - 10/12/11 07:54 AM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: la historiadora]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

That's a good question about groups. I'd imagine they'd only be allowed the same 15-minutes and you'd have to arrive either earlier that morning or the day before to arrange/prepare all that 15-minute block's tickets for your group alone.

I don't know if you can get tickets in advance, no, but with a group of school kids I'd imagine you could. How many would there be?

Saludos, MadridMan

#90090 - 10/12/11 09:43 PM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I'm not sure how large the group will be; the tour isn't until next spring. I'm guessing about 20 or 30 people total depending on how many students sign up. Well, perhaps between now and the beginning of next year there will be some more information. I'll definitely keep my eyes open!

#90093 - 10/13/11 03:27 AM Re: Palacio de Cibeles Observation Deck Views Madrid [Re: la historiadora]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
For that size group , I am sure they can make an arrangement if you contact the mayor's office there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments