Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#9002 - 08/22/06 11:29 AM Barcelona - Family of 5
salsabelle Offline

Loc: Singapore
Hello!
I am wondering if anyone could recommend accommodation in Barcelona for a family of 5: 3 adults and 2 kids under 5 years old. I know that MadridMan offers a fantastic list of hotels, hostals and apartments, but I am just wondering if there are any specific places that people would recommend for the group of us. We are looking at either apartments or hostals, preferably that have quad rooms, where we can have the 5 of us sleeping in one room. Does anyone know of a place like this?
In addition, just wondering if there are any particular areas that we should be wary of when looking for accommodation... or anywhere that should be avoided. For example, I've read in some guides that Raval area is a little bit dodgy at night. Sorry to sound paranoid, it's just that this is our first time in Barcelona, and we have no knowledge of the city at all, so I would really appreciate any advice.
confused

#9003 - 08/24/06 10:17 AM Re: Barcelona - Family of 5
salsabelle Offline

Loc: Singapore
Has anyone stayed at / heard of: Hotel Toledano or Hostal Boqueria ?
Would appreciate any feedback... thanks!

#9004 - 08/24/06 03:28 PM Re: Barcelona - Family of 5
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
We stayed at Hotel Toledano in 2001 with our family of 4. The room was tiny and depressing. I really hated it. It's right on La Rambla which is a great location if you bring earplugs. But, with no air conditioning it was unbearably hot the first night (5th floor) which was hot and humid. The second night happened to be cooler so it was okay. It was clean enough, but shabby. I don't see how 5 could fit in there.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments