Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89977 - 09/08/11 05:52 AM Article: A Bounty of Spanish Whites (Wines)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
No one's surprised - at least I wasn't - to read that Spain has some fantastic white wines to (somewhat) rival the worldwide fame of its red wines.

The San Francisco Chronicle (California) recently published the article, "A Bounty of Spanish Whites", discussing a rising popularity of Spain's White Wines. Thank you, (member) Puna, for sending me the link. wave

Enjoy! cheers I know you will.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89978 - 09/08/11 11:31 AM Re: Article: A Bounty of Spanish Whites (Wines) [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
Along the same lines, I have a question. When I was in Sevilla last spring, I purchased some sweet Pedro Ximenex sherry. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be chilled before serving? Also, does this wine recant well? I do have an air suction thing. (I can't recall what it is called)

One more thing...please suggest some of your favorite Spanish whites. I have recently discovered Plum Markets here in Michigan that carry a wide variety of Spanish whites.

#90335 - 01/05/12 02:12 PM Re: Article: A Bounty of Spanish Whites (Wines) [Re: teachertraveler8]
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City

My last trip to Madrid I drank more white than red wine. Usually it red and maybe a glass of white. But I found that many of the white wines were very enjoyable and I felt like I was missing out on something if I did not order a white wine at my next meal.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2083 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments