Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89964 - 09/02/11 11:00 AM Madrid airport to town
jorunce Offline

Hi
My plan now is to take the metro to Argüelles from the airport
Silly ? When i purchase my ticket is it just one ticket straight through or 2 tickets . 1 to Nuevos Ministerios then another to Argüelles. Also if I buy the 10 trip metrobus ticket do you punch it into a machine on the buses?
I plan on taking the Aerocity van back to the airport as I have an early flight out. Do you just email or phone them & pay cash when they pick you up?
Any simple help for a simple lass will be appreciated

regards
Josey

#89965 - 09/02/11 03:03 PM Re: Madrid airport to town [Re: jorunce]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Here's the link to Aerocity Madrid - in English.
http://www.aerocity.com/en

#89966 - 09/03/11 03:25 AM Re: Madrid airport to town [Re: Puna]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Once you get on the metro system you don't have to pass your ticket through a second time when you change lines. But if you intend to buy a 10-trip MetroBus ticket anyway (smart move, much cheaper and easier, too) you'll want to buy TWO tickets at the metro entry point at the airport. Buy ONE ticket as the airport supplement (2 Euro) which allows you to pass through the airport turnstiles PLUS the trip on the metro, ANOTHER ticket is the MetroBus 10-trip ticket (9.30 Euros).

You'll use the same MetroBus ticket on all Zone1 (all Madrid City) and all Zone1 buses. Insert the ticket into the machine upon entering the bus next to the driver (location varies with bus model).

If you're using Aerocity from Hotel-Airport you'll have to either call them or book this through their website. OR, maybe easier for you, make the arrangements at their counter at the airport upon your arrival at Madrid Airport.

Any other questions, just ask!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89970 - 09/03/11 01:12 PM Re: Madrid airport to town [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
one ticket takes you from airport to Argûelles. Its a metro combinado with airport kick at 3 euros. metrobus and abono turistico are choices to look into it according to your needs.
Aerocity is an option if with lots of luggage, otherwise the Metro is good enough.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments