Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89904 - 08/04/11 09:09 PM Getting internet in your Madrid apartment
Marisa419 Offline

Loc: Madrid, España
Hello smile

I'm a foreign student in Madrid and I'll be renting an apartment until the end of May (2012) WITHOUT internet.

I did the same thing last year, and I had the pleasure (please note my sarcasm) of dealing with the extremely rude and useless people of not just Movistar, but Vodafone, ONO and Orange as well (I'm sure there are some nice people out there, I just unfortunately didn't get to talk with them).

In the end I was not able to get WiFi for my apartment because I didn't want to get a contract for a full year-meaning I would have had to pay for 4 or 5 months that I would not be using.

Long story short: I ended up getting a USB WiFi device that cost me 50 euros a month with Vodafone, it was very flaky and barely worked, Vodafone overcharged me and never paid me back over 70 euros....
And now I am wondering what to do about having internet, starting at the end of this month/beginning of September.

If anyone has any suggestions, or if anyone has a solution, I would really appreciate it!
Thank you all in advance!!

Marisa

#89909 - 08/06/11 01:27 PM Re: Getting internet in your Madrid apartment [Re: Marisa419]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
its slow and cumbersome yes;, not improve. But believe contracts are for one year whether you use them or not youy pay for the year. Check the fineoprint.
its diff here ,quicker but not done it there in years..
good luck

#89928 - 08/12/11 08:45 PM Re: Getting internet in your Madrid apartment [Re: pedmar]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
While I don't know anything about the phone-internet there, I do know that you could get an ipad or possibly another tablet with 3g or 4g capabilities. It is expensive also, but you would still be able to use it back in the states. LaJuliana struggled with it also, but ended up not having internet at the apt. and just used it at the cafe downstairs, at school, and where there was wifi. It meant that at school she often researched and printed and then wrote and out it together at home. I will see if I can find out wht her room mate did because I think she had internet at the apt.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3024 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments