Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89785 - 06/09/11 06:29 AM Please recommend job agencies
pajo2 Offline

Loc: ireland
What job agencies are best for English speakers with no Spanish who are looking for work.

I do not have a trade so would be relying on finding work in the areas below

call center, construction(labouring, industrial or factory work

I realise things are bad in Spain at the moment but if anyone knows of anything please let me know

Thanks

#89786 - 06/09/11 12:25 PM Re: Please recommend job agencies [Re: pajo2]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Call centres are a possibility .. though if you look in the English language magazines about 90%of jobs for ex-pats will be teaching English . To be able to get that work you'd have to , at least , study for a TEFL certficate . I studied in Madrid on a 1 month intensive course ( it cost about €700 ) . Teaching , like most jobs in Spain , does not pay well . You could look at anything between 15 and 25 Euros per hour . Teaching privately can be the best way , rather than going through a language school where they will take a cut .
Another option , maybe , is to consider bar work . Many of the Irish bars are looking for Irish born bar staff , though you'd have to learn a bit of Spanish. Pubs such as the James Joyce or O´Neill´s have a high turn over of temporary staff .
James Joyce in Calle Alcalá is completely Irish run . The manager is a great publican ( from Dublin I think ) called Matthew .

#89789 - 06/11/11 10:02 AM Re: Please recommend job agencies [Re: steve robinson]
pajo2 Offline

Loc: ireland
Thanks Steve,

I thought teaching english and barwork would be the easiest ways for people to get started in Spain alright but I dont want to do barwork if I can help it and teaching English doesnt suit me at all.

I might try Manpower etc when I get there and see if they have anything else

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments