Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#89591 - 05/04/11 04:15 PM What brought you to MadridMan?
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
I have been thinking about this for awhile, and have been wondering what specific question brought people to the forum? Do you remember?

I decide to put this out there, because of the recent request about locating puff pastry. Several members responded, with Steve even giving directions to the location in the store!
What a help!

In my case, I was surprised that my daughter had to buy a washing machine, and I googled a question about coin operated laundromats in Madrid. That brought me to the forum because someone else asked the question and members gave directions to the very few that are located in Madrid.

#89592 - 05/04/11 06:03 PM Re: What brought you to MadridMan? [Re: jacmom]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
jacmom,

Easy enough question. In 1994 I returned to Madrid for the first time. I had been stationed at Torrejon in 1977 - 1980. I just got back from Madrid and using my browser, I typed in "Madrid", and came across MM's website.

gazpacho

#89595 - 05/04/11 06:48 PM Re: What brought you to MadridMan? [Re: gazpacho]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Similat to Gazpacho's story minus the washing machine smile

1998 or 1999 was my first trip back to Spain in what seemed like forever - when I got back to the states I googled Madrid and found MM. Read everything I could find to keep me sane until the following year's trip.

Finally registered and have been babbling about my love for Spain and learning so much ever since.

#89596 - 05/04/11 07:46 PM Re: What brought you to MadridMan? [Re: Puna]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I was looking for advice on how to buy soccer tickets. Steve Robinson was one of the first people I met and I thought he was fascinating. I loved reading Madridman's blogs and journals, too. (He was also fascinating) It was so great to be a part of an online community that loved Spain so much!! I feel like it's my second family.

#89598 - 05/05/11 04:28 AM Re: What brought you to MadridMan? [Re: teachertraveler8]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
HI , well this is my first post on MadridMan , but I just happen to be travelling to Madrid on Feb 27th ... I'll be staying for at least a couple of months on a teaching course . If the venue for your party is decided before I leave I'd love to think about turning up if that'd be OK ? I'm travelling in from a place called Southend-on-Sea , about 40 miles East of London (UK) .

saludos ,
Steve .............

That was my first post on MM's site in February 2006 . I found the site just searching for Madrid related information on the internet . It proved to be a great discovery in terms of both information and friendships !
That prediction of being in Madrid for just a couple of months certainly changed !

#89599 - 05/05/11 07:51 AM Re: What brought you to MadridMan? [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
As for me, I just stumbled in one day, the door closed behind me, and I was stuck here forever. wink

Now that I ponder it more, "MadridMan" was born in 1996, now 15 years old. Ha! Just a kid, he is. (using my YODA voice)

Total Topics: 13036
Total Posts: 82423

Check out the message board's FIRST posting HERE by member texachica back in May 8th, 2000, asking about Madrid's Parque de Atracciones". That's right, *I* did not make the first posting. Afterall, contrary to possible popular belief, it's NOT "All About Me". wink

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89600 - 05/05/11 08:15 AM Re: What brought you to MadridMan? [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Well interesting post, and should good conversation.
ME I knew about Madrid then finally got to lived there 1970-1974, as had Spanish citizenship. And got hooked lol! Played benjamin for the Real Madrid, and got in eternal love ::)
Even if life took me elsewhere, I always had Madrid, as in Madrid to heavens and a hole in the sky to look down on it every day. I came back several times over the years, and still have family mostly cousins in the city and south towards Toledo.
As I peruse the new internet for things about Madrid specific and Spain in general the search engine took me to this site back in ? whats the date on my name? Then been hook ever since with the wonderful folks here, and their enthusiasm for the love of Madrid/Spain. Even lucky enough to meet MM, Steve, Teachertravel etc.
Now once in a while a browse back here, and always looking forward to exchange, learn new things ,and hopefully meet again in Madrid.
Hala Madrid y un abrazo del norte ::)

#89602 - 05/05/11 09:54 AM Re: What brought you to MadridMan? [Re: pedmar]
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City

This one was easy. Many years ago I saw Madridman answer a question that was posted on another travel website. I think the website was Slow Traveler. The question posted was about Spain and frankly I would not have found this website but for one key thing MM did in the signature of his reply. He had a link to his website.

At that time MM was still living in the US at that time and frankly any travel information on Spain was very slim. So I was very happy to find a website that existed that was primary for travel to Spain and used it as my main resource for travel to Spain.

So that is how I found this website, MM was answering a question on another website.

Bill

#89603 - 05/05/11 05:17 PM Re: What brought you to MadridMan? [Re: Bill from NYC]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
These answers are so great! I knew people would have interesting stories about how they found the forum and website. A great group of friends

#89604 - 05/05/11 08:11 PM Re: What brought you to MadridMan? [Re: jacmom]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Hmmm MadridMan,

According to your chronology, since this site was started in 1996, I must have discovered your site quite a while after my 1994 trip to Spain. And since my next trip to Spain was in 1998 it couldn't have been right before that trip.

It's odd how time distorts memory, but 1996 was fifteen years ago. Boy, how time flies.

(Almost did the small m thing, but I caught it at the last minute)

Gazpacho

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 754 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments