Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#89492 - 04/20/11 03:09 PM Real Madrid-Barcelona Online: Copa del Rey Final
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Latest Blog Entry: "Real Madrid-Barcelona Online: Copa del Rey Final 2011"

Real Madrid and Barcelona match-up for the 3rd of 5 games in the 2010-2011 season of the “El Clásico” games. This time is for the final of the “Copa del Rey” and will be played in Valencia’s Estadio Mestalla.

One can watch live on TV on Spain’s RTVE’s La 1 (channel 1) as well as online on RTVE's website and on MyP2P.eu. The game starts at 9:30pm local Spain time, 8:30pm UK time, or 2:30pm East Coast USA time.
(Read on, McDuff...)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89495 - 04/20/11 06:18 PM Re: Real Madrid-Barcelona Online: Copa del Rey Final [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Result, Real Madrid wins 1-0 in the second overtime, goal by Cristiano Ronaldo.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89497 - 04/21/11 04:57 AM Re: Real Madrid-Barcelona Online: Copa del Rey Final [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

And at last night's celebration bus-tour through Madrid on its way to the Plaza de Cibeles, I'm sure the Barça fans were happy to see the actual (???) cup of the Copa del Rey falling under the wheels of the bus which carried the Real Madrid team!!! rolleyes

Sergio Ramos was hoisting it over his head in victory at the front of the bus and, apparently, hoisted it with a force even he didn't expect. KER-PLUNK!! whistle

Saludos, MadridMan

#89501 - 04/21/11 09:11 AM Re: Real Madrid-Barcelona Online: Copa del Rey Final [Re: MadridMan]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England

#89503 - 04/21/11 10:41 AM Re: Real Madrid-Barcelona Online: Copa del Rey Final [Re: billy the man]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

That is incredible. That really is.

#89505 - 04/21/11 02:48 PM Re: Real Madrid-Barcelona Online: Copa del Rey Final [Re: MadridMan]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I went to bed (California time) celebrating the win as we watched the game we had recorded. We woke up to the news of the cup being crushed by the bus. It was, by far, the best played el clasico this year and an exciting game!!!!!
More futbol this weekend and another "el clasico" match up next week!!!!

This house is on fire. Hala Madrid!!!!!

#89506 - 04/23/11 06:17 AM Re: Real Madrid-Barcelona Online: Copa del Rey Final [Re: laduque]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
yes ... it happened he was so excited and tired, it seems the Cup want to kiss the Cibeles too quickly ,but hey the jewerler replace the Cup immediately and its now on display at the Museum of Real Madrid in Bernabeu, planning to see it already !!

next is the ches of Valencia and then another clasico at Bernabeu in Madrid on the Champions league semifinals.
Cheers and stay dry in Madrid
Hala Madrid my heart is white and viking...(white as in the color of the uniform ok...)

#89519 - 04/24/11 07:23 AM Re: Real Madrid-Barcelona Online: Copa del Rey Final [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Silly me didn't even realize the road-to-Cibeles bus trip/celebration would be the SAME NIGHT (even at 4am!!) as the game! I assumed it would be the NEXT day. Again, SILLY ME! But much better, logistically-speaking, with regards to the would-be traffic-mess of a daytime celebration.

It seems to be generally-accepted that the referees "were bought", in favor of Real Madrid. I have to say it was pretty lucky that seemingly 75+% of the game was played on the side of Real Madrid's goal-keeper. I also have to say the pass to Cristiano Ronaldo and his "header" past Barça's goalkeeper was absolutely beautiful, even to someone like me. As they always say, the only thing that matters is score at the end of the game.

By the way, a second video view of the dropped-cup, one shot from ON-TOP of the bus among the players, seems to reveal the Real Madrid player hitting the edge of the cup TWICE with his flailing arms as Sergio Ramos was hoisting it up-and-down in celebration, and that caused the cup-drop. Has anyone else seen this video?

Saludos, MadridMan

#89521 - 04/24/11 08:23 AM Re: Real Madrid-Barcelona Online: Copa del Rey Final [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

yes its all over facebook,twitter and the news of the world. Even dropping a Cup we are news in the world ::)

funny you mention referees bought on favor of Real Madrid when for the last few years we have seen what we call "VILLARATO" as refs always call against us. I guess the power of Mou and more backing from the administration to take pride in the team is changing the habits a bit.
We blasted Valencia out of the stadium 3x6!!! and now ready for the champions game on the 27th of April. Hala Madrid !!!

#89527 - 04/25/11 08:12 AM Re: Real Madrid-Barcelona Online: Copa del Rey Final [Re: pedmar]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

the referee for the Bernabeu match will be Stark of Germany,voted by players in the German bundesliga the worse referee in th first half of the season as per Kicker magazine
wow and UEFA name these guys to referee a Champions league game?
poor Real Madrid then, he is a lover of Messi publicly stated from the last World Cup.....Lol!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1791 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments