Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89377 - 03/31/11 05:53 AM MADRID - Gents Barber with ENGLISH
OurManInBananas Offline

Hi,

Can anyone suggest or recommend a gents barber for a simple short back and sides haircut where they speak enough English for me to avoid a Justin Beiber style (or worse)?

I speak virtually no Spanish yet - in Vietnam I used to just make a buzzing sound for the electric trimmer, and show a length using my fingers, but I'm hoping for a bit more than a crew cut here in Europe!

I live in Laguna, but anywhere in the Center will be great...

Thanks
Philip

Edited by OurManInBananas (03/31/11 05:59 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling, and extra info

#89388 - 04/01/11 06:32 AM Re: MADRID - Gents Barber with ENGLISH [Re: OurManInBananas]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I used to use Marco Aldany ( many branches in the city ) .. I just had them use the razor ( máquina ) .. number 4 all over . The staff are predominantly Latinas . They do a good job of such a simple haircut and are friendly . I seem to remember it costing me something like €8.50 . Alternatively , you could always find a photo of yourself with required style/length of hair and show it to them ( I did that once in my early days in Madrid , terrified I ws going to be butchered , and it worked a dream ) .

#89409 - 04/06/11 05:27 PM Re: MADRID - Gents Barber with ENGLISH [Re: steve robinson]
OurManInBananas Offline

thanks Steve...in the end that's what I did, razor number 4, scissors short on top!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments