MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#89360 - 03/29/11 10:01 PM Re: Carmen in 3D [Re: MadridMan]
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
I'm surprised you've never been to a performance of Carmen MM. The 3D is not really necessary but it does enhance the experience. You see the actors up close as if you are next to them. During the seen where Carmen is reading her future in the cards you can see the tears flowing from her eyes as she sings about her demise. Again, it is the singing and performance that makes the production so good.

Study up on the libretto so you become familiar with the lyrics and story, though they do have subtitles at the bottom of the screen. They may be in Spanish if showing in Madrid.

#89366 - 03/30/11 07:50 AM Re: Carmen in 3D [Re: OsoMajor]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I've only seen the (Spanish) movie "Carmen" but I don't recall it being a musical in any way.

I'm not too big on operas - although I've seen many here in Madrid. I've been burned too many times by those lasting 3-4 hours, all the while my neck craning up to read the Spanish subtitles waaaaay above the stage. Ouch! (snore!)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89373 - 03/30/11 06:59 PM Re: Carmen in 3D [Re: MadridMan]
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
MM, have you been to any Zarzuela performances and did you like it?

Can you believe I got hooked on opera in my teens! I was a young musician at the time and our high school music class was invited to attend a performance of The Barber of Seville at the Music Center in LA. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I expected a bunch of fat people in old clothes singing their lungs out. Well, to my surprise I really enjoyed it and from then on I became an opera fan. I even subscribed to an opera magazine and listened to the Texaco opera broadcasts on the classical music stations, live from the Met. Everyone in my family thought I was odd, except my older brother who is also an opera enthusiast.

#89374 - 03/30/11 08:40 PM Re: Carmen in 3D [Re: OsoMajor]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I've not been to the Zarzuela yet, no.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2722 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments