Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89325 - 03/24/11 09:00 AM hotel booking companies, person number limitations
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
I have been trying to get a better price on a hotel in Madrid than what the hotel has offered me - which was no rate reduction. I have looked at some booking agents, such as Booking.com, but they will only guarantee a price for 2 people and we are looking for 3 people in 1 room. In the USA, Hotwire will accommadate for up to 4 people. Any suggestions?

We are trying to stay for 2 of our nights at VP Hotel Jardin Metropolitano because it is close to the school for graduation activities.

After we come back from Barcelona, we may stay at Hostal Chelo.

Edited by MadridMan (03/24/11 12:08 PM)
Edit Reason: To include lodging links.

#89327 - 03/24/11 12:25 PM Re: hotel booking companies, person number limitations [Re: jacmom]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Maybe give use your target price (or less-than-XYZ€) with your dates so we can suggest other options. Have you tried the VP Hotel Jardin Metropolitano page on HotelSearch.com.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89329 - 03/24/11 02:04 PM Re: hotel booking companies, person number limitations [Re: MadridMan]
jacmom Offline

I had not tried through HotelSearch. Now I have tried HotelSearch, it lists a maximum of 2 people. The standard double and standard superior rooms each have 2 double beds and I think a pull out sofa. The room size would work, but hotelSearch and the other service will only give a price for 2 people.

The hotel itself said they would allow 3 in the room. They want 153 euros.

We were hoping for 100 euros or less.

Our daughter lives very near Metro Metropolitano.

I had begun my search looking for hostals near that metro station. I found 1 in Moncloa (can't remember the name now), but it had no ratings here or on trip advisor.

Edited by jacmom (03/24/11 02:08 PM)
Edit Reason: correct my information

#89337 - 03/26/11 06:11 AM Re: hotel booking companies, person number limitations [Re: jacmom]
jacmom Offline

I forgot to add that the dates we are looking for are arriving on May 12 and leaving the 14th.

#89347 - 03/28/11 09:21 AM Re: hotel booking companies, person number limitations [Re: jacmom]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France

#89349 - 03/28/11 10:01 AM Re: hotel booking companies, person number limitations [Re: pedmar]
jacmom Offline

Thanks, pedmar. I'll check these out later today.

#89396 - 04/04/11 10:41 AM Re: hotel booking companies, person number limitations [Re: jacmom]
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Just to add that We've worked with Booking.com for many years.
The Hotel set their own terms and the number of persons per room, not the booking agency.
Most Spanish hotels do not charge a cancellation fee so
if you have found a room with 2 double beds, book it and state on the special requests that it is for 3 people. If the hotel say No you can always cancel.
() / ()

#89399 - 04/04/11 04:03 PM Re: hotel booking companies, person number limitations [Re: Jan D]
jacmom Offline

Thanks, Jan, I'll give that a try another time. We have made other arrangementsnfor this trip.

#89646 - 05/12/11 09:32 AM Re: hotel booking companies, person number limitations [Re: Harriet]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
for apartment see my blog just posted a new section on Spain
with a link
cheers

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments