Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8926 - 06/09/06 09:28 PM Camping
eltorero Offline

I went to Spain last summer and it was great, but I went with school so it was really easy since I didn't have to worry about lodging/cost etc.

I camp quite a bit in the States, so I could easily be just as happy saving some cash and camping when I go to spain.

I'm not familiar with the campground system in Spain. Does anyone know of campgrounds around the major cities where I could stay and then drive into town during the day or something? In rural Spain, do you think landowners would allow me to set up my tent in their field (out of the way and in a corner, of course) if I didn't mess things up and offered payment?

Has anyone tried anything like this or have any advice? Thanks.

#8927 - 06/10/06 06:12 AM Re: Camping
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Visit http://www.campingcheque.com/ (used to be called "CampingSpain.com") for some possibilities.

I recall reading - years ago - being legally able to set-up-tents on private property but I don't think that's done anymore. I could be wrong but I haven't read anyone doing this in quite awhile. Just finding the land-owners (if there's a lot of land, I mean) might be a difficult task but if you find them I hope you speak Spanish.

Might be more trouble than its worth, really, carrying all that stuff from place to place by car/bus/train, setting up, leaving it behind at a site while you're in the cities touring around. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable doing that. Maybe you'd return to the tent to find a family living there and clothes drying on a makeshift line. hehehe.. wink Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8928 - 06/10/06 06:27 PM Re: Camping
eltorero Offline

Thanks. ;-) I do speak Spanish, so that wouldn't be much of a problem and I don't mind carrying the stuff (I backpack quite a bit in America and leave my tent during the day). I just wasn't sure if there many places to do it.

I did notice when I was in Spain last time how much land there was, so I guess it would be more difficult to find the owner than I thought. Thanks.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments