Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#89239 - 03/09/11 10:00 PM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: natasha 109]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Natasha you came up with a spot I've never been - will absolutely have to go the Jardines de Sabatini at sunset.

MMers - keep the ideas and feedback coming smile I think we'll all come up with new places to go when next in Madrid.

#89241 - 03/10/11 12:33 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: Puna]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Tapas crawl down Cava Baja! Evening strolls with family down a paseo verde. Taking my daughter to the packed playground at 9pm on a summer night. Terrazas in the summer. Jamon iberico just about anywhere. Taking an air conditioned bus to just about anywhere directly. El Corte Ingles. Standing at any bar drinking a cafe cortado. Botin.

#89244 - 03/10/11 04:53 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: natasha 109]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Madrid has so many, many already mentionned here like the Jardines de Sabatini and Campo del Moro. Teleferico is wonderful, so is the Debod temple.However, having and done all that, for me now is just to walk walk and walk all those quaint streets of Madrid and savored its wonderful tapas, mahou cinco estrellas, and wines from Valdepeñas ::)
Take a walking itinerary and mark your stops along the way, just wonderful.

#89246 - 03/10/11 09:49 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: pedmar]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
i agree with pedmar. After many years of seeing the "sights", I just pick a barrio and walk and walk and get "lost".

#89247 - 03/10/11 10:16 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: laduque]
GorgonaMedussa Offline

Loc: Madrid
Puna, have you considered suggestions about Madrid surrounding areas?? It seems the city center has been fully discovered here but if someone comes to Madrid for more than 5-6 days, I would also suggest little excursions to some towns around where you can go by train (cercanías) and will take you 30-45 mins. Pretty cool to visit and find cultural wonders, i.e., Alcalá de Henares, Aranjuez, etc. Or maybe this could be opened as a new topic!

Edited by GorgonaMedussa (03/10/11 10:35 AM)

#89250 - 03/10/11 11:40 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: GorgonaMedussa]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Absolutely! Toss up any and all suggestions

Ladague - I love both Cava Baja and Cava Alta. Like you and Pedmar, I just tend to wander the streets. You just made me homesick!!!!!

#89324 - 03/24/11 06:45 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: Puna]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

I'm reactivating this link and asking for your favorite cafes, tapa bars and restaurants so keep the feedback coming, por favor.

Thanks everyone - project is about half done and and I can't begin to say thank you enough for your feedback! Personal preferences are always the best recommendations!

#89335 - 03/25/11 04:13 PM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well heck throw one at you, see the Elipa, the baseball park still there at end of O'Donnell ,the US Torrejon air base had a team there and we played with the Real Madrid baseball team, yes that is old I know oh well ::)
you can go to Docamar at calle alcala front of 331 a leyend in its own right with nostalgia of Madrid in photos, the link
http://www.docamar.com/
go on the bottom left and see old photos of Ciudad Lineal my old neighborhood of Quintana is there too ! cheers

#89342 - 03/27/11 08:33 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: pedmar]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Another vote for Cava Baja and all the little bars/rests along there.

I also enjoy early mornings in Madrid, walking from Plaza Isabel II to Plaza Mayor and beyond. The city is quiet then and has a different feel to it.

Bon dia from Aruba.

#89361 - 03/30/11 05:56 AM Re: What are you most favorite things about Madrid? [Re: natasha 109]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
One unusual view is near the Puente de Segovia .. the beautiful church : Basílica de San Francisco el Grande . A plaque on the outside wall still refers to General Franco ( these are gradually being removed in Madrid ) . To the left hand side of the church are gardens that are a bit shabby but have great views towards the Sierra Guadarrama , especially beautiful when the snow is still on the mountain tops . The Catholic church had planned on building an administrative centre that would have blocked the view . Friends of mine marched in Madrid against the plans for El Vaticano 2 . The view was admired by many artists and I believe it was a favourite view of Goya´s .
MM , you'll have to help me out with the name of the restaurant nearby where a group of us had a memorable meal . The restaurant was packed and there were about 8-10 of us and we were lucky to get a table . We ordered , amongst other things , La Matanza de Cerdo .. very traditional ... you need a very good appetite for this hearty and delicious dish .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments