MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89093 - 02/11/11 03:18 AM Circulo de Bellas Artes:GREAT Madrid Skyline Views
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Latest Blog Entry: "Circulo de Bellas Artes for GREAT Madrid Skyline Views"

The other day I went (with Steve Robinson) to the rooftop terrace of the Circulo de Bellas Artes in Madrid. It was my first time and couldn't believe I had yet to discover it. Sure, I'd been to the lower level Café & streetside terraza as well as attended many concerts in the different "salas", but had seen Madrid's skyline from this height before - albeit only about 10 floors up.

The Circulo de Bellas Artes is a non-profit cultural center founded by a small group of artists in 1880. It hosts art exhibits, theater, concerts, and even has its own radio station which features cultural programs, world music, and interviews with poets.
(Read on, McDuff...)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89098 - 02/11/11 08:18 AM Re: Circulo de Bellas Artes:GREAT Madrid Skyline Views [Re: MadridMan]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
Wow, every thing look even more beautiful from up there. What is the large statue and can you go up the tower? Do you know if it had a specific purpose back in 1880 when it was built, a performance or something? Even though it has only been open a short time in recent years, because of the beautiful tower, I just wondered if was used in times past.

#89102 - 02/11/11 05:45 PM Re: Circulo de Bellas Artes:GREAT Madrid Skyline Views [Re: jacmom]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Gawd I miss the incredible blue Madrid sky!

#89103 - 02/12/11 04:05 AM Re: Circulo de Bellas Artes:GREAT Madrid Skyline Views [Re: Puna]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Unfortunately, there isn't blue sky now in madrid.....the pollution! hope the rain soon, then I'll go there. I never visit it

#89109 - 02/12/11 02:44 PM Re: Circulo de Bellas Artes:GREAT Madrid Skyline Views [Re: jazz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
First of all I want to say thank you to MM and his partner for their help in my leaving ... painful as it was . I can honestly tell you that leaving MM after a coffee was a tear jerking moment for me . When the plane took off fromm Barajas I was in tears ( ¡ Adios Madrid ! )
I've been so happy to meet so many people over the years via MM's website and via other friends .
I´m sitting now in my mother's huge house ( she´s at a wedding ) and it´s in the middle of nowhere !!! But I've lit a big log fire and I'll be settling down to a film .
Guys , it´s been a total pleasure meeting you !!!.... Steve .

#89110 - 02/12/11 03:46 PM Re: Circulo de Bellas Artes:GREAT Madrid Skyline Views [Re: steve robinson]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Steve, You aren't disappearing - you've just relocated for a bit.
And now you know how so many of us feel ....

#89112 - 02/13/11 09:18 AM Re: Circulo de Bellas Artes:GREAT Madrid Skyline Views [Re: Puna]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Again best of luck Steve. And the saying goes You will be back. And we are still around.
Cheers

#89147 - 02/20/11 05:58 AM Re: Circulo de Bellas Artes:GREAT Madrid Skyline Views [Re: pedmar]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
see the article on old Madrid Cafes I just put in the forum, food,entertainment section.Circulo de Bellas Artes is there too.

Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments