MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#88994 - 01/26/11 06:39 AM Anybody been to Madrid FUSION
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
anybody going to Madrid Fusion going on until thursday in Madrid. Saw it on telemadrid and it was full of folks, with a great chef from Tenerife ::)
http://www.madridfusion.net/

Its all about the latest trend in Spanish cuisine, very nice event, wish could have been there. Anybody here been to it?

Edited by pedmar (01/26/11 06:41 AM)
Edit Reason: title

#88999 - 01/26/11 11:27 AM Re: Anybody been to Madrid FUSION [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Apparently it started yesterday, also runs today, and finishes tomorrow. I too saw something about it on TV. Seems Spain is towards the front of the whole fusion cuisine scene. I'll take traditional food over fusion-anything, anyday.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89005 - 01/27/11 07:27 AM Re: Anybody been to Madrid FUSION [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Its a trend all over, in Paris the great chefs all have second properties showing this kind of home fusion cooking, and in Madrid is catching on really well. I do go to these restaurants here and there hopefully more often.

Its,also, a great event to showcase the foods of Spain,not just cooking but raw materials ::)

#89007 - 01/27/11 10:14 AM Re: Anybody been to Madrid FUSION [Re: pedmar]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
What exactly is fusion cooking? I saw something once on El Bulli where they were changing the molecular structure of the food so that you had a mousse that was flavored with something that normally isn't in that form. It didn't sound terribly appealing to me, but I think it is interesting.

#89008 - 01/27/11 12:50 PM Re: Anybody been to Madrid FUSION [Re: teachertraveler8]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

(tongue-in-cheek) Fusion Cooking is when you take ordinary, traditional food elements and mix them with things with which they aren't usually seen. For instance, garbanzos with chocolate chip ice cream - flambé. Or hard-boiled eggs boiled in Cava and then sprinkled with candy-cane chips. Or maybe a paper-thin steak bent-and-tented over a bed or heated jelly beans with a garnish of popcorn on top. Now THAT'S "Fusion Cooking"! (anyone using the above "recipes" MUST give me, MadridMan, credit)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#89009 - 01/27/11 01:10 PM Re: Anybody been to Madrid FUSION [Re: MadridMan]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
So is El Bulli considered a Fusion Restaurant? Are you saying that fusion is only the mixture of generally not paired together ingredients or can it also be a molecular change? It really doesn't sound very appealing. Has anyone ever tried it and if so, what did you think?

#89011 - 01/27/11 03:45 PM Re: Anybody been to Madrid FUSION [Re: teachertraveler8]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
For me,The fusion cooking is a rubbish"un timo, un cuento chino, una patraña". garbanzos with chocolate chip ice cream - flambé..jejeje..OMG!! WHAT IS THAT?...just snobbery, best "garbanzos con chorizo,morzilla y tocino"

#89012 - 01/27/11 04:16 PM Re: Anybody been to Madrid FUSION [Re: jazz]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
No comment
fusion cooking

traditional food

#89017 - 01/29/11 05:07 AM Re: Anybody been to Madrid FUSION [Re: jazz]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Obviously, I'm not a big fan of fusion cooking. Spanish food, as it is, is too good to mess with. Plus, as is MOST often the case, you pay for "presentation & sensation" more than for the actual food. So what happens, you pay a small fortune in a stylish restaurant, get served a beautiful, tiny quantity of "food", pay the check with your credit card (because you have to - no one carries that much cash on them), and then as you're walking out the door you turn to your dining partner and say, "That was great!! Shall we get a pizza on the way home?"

Saludos, MadridMan

#89027 - 01/30/11 09:00 AM Re: Anybody been to Madrid FUSION [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

yes It has its followers but its catching on all over, when you see the list from UK Restaurant magazine as the tops in the world more than half are fusion oriented, so its here to stay. Its taking your culinary senses to another limit instead of the usual stuff. Not that the usual stuff is not good, just another way to cook it and enjoy it.
Anyway the event was a success once again, see Rosario Pino ,12 resto Piñera ,its on my list for next visit
http://www.restaurantepinera.com/
chao chao

#89040 - 01/31/11 03:27 PM Re: Anybody been to Madrid FUSION [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

#89048 - 02/01/11 06:45 AM Re: Anybody been to Madrid FUSION [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

yep, great videos. Fusion is here to stay, if Adrian and Dany Garcias are leading the way ,others will follow easier. Keep an eye on it ::)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments