Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87543 - 06/07/10 02:26 PM Your favorites or places you just happen to find
pohang75 Offline

I have most of the major places down to try and get to, but a lot of times people just happen to run into something so any most see or must try[eating,drinking] in these place's[Madrid,Toledo,Avila,Segovia] that you just happened to discover.

#87551 - 06/07/10 06:48 PM Re: Your favorites or places you just happen to find [Re: pohang75]
teachertraveler8 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Detroit, Michigan
I have been to all of these places in the past year and what I really liked was the deep, vast history. In Avila, you have the walls that you can climb up and walk along. There are cathedrals in each of these towns and if you are interested in cathedrals, they are spectacular. (even if you aren't interested in cathedrals, it is still fascinating to imagine the builders who made them and all the ornate craftsmanship) I loved seeing the aqueduct in Segovia. Even just walking around the small narrow streets is fascinating. What are you interests?

#87586 - 06/12/10 09:30 AM Re: Your favorites or places you just happen to find [Re: teachertraveler8]
Pete Woodman Offline

Loc: Isle of Man
There are so many great places for so many reasons that it's difficult to be selective, but for me one of Spain's hidden gems is Albarracin. There are some pictures (that don't really do it justice) at http://www.petewoodmanguitars.com/images/index2.html and subsequent pages.

I haven't got the pictures up yet but I also loved Caceres. I guess I have a thing about walled towns.

#88991 - 01/25/11 09:21 PM Re: Your favorites or places you just happen to find [Re: Pete Woodman]
Josefa
Unregistered

My husband and I went to Madrid for our Honeymoon. We believe it is one of the most beautiful places. We stayed in hoteles en sol madrid and we treated very well. In addition we had very close all. I recommend it!. Madrid hope to return someday wink

Edited by MadridMan (01/26/11 04:36 AM)
Edit Reason: to remove spam link

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments