Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#88995 - 01/26/11 06:46 AM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England [Re: MadridMan]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
That was fantastic MM, great writing and with passion. Maybe now I know how lucky we are to have folks like you here in MM site. I am lucky to said that I had finally met you and Steve, and was always looking forward to do so again .

Steve hope you be around too. Never said never, just see you around ::)

#88996 - 01/26/11 08:06 AM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England [Re: MadridMan]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Steve,

In Hawaii it's called Aloha and translates into "this is not adios just hasta luego". Once a friend - always a friend - just like once in Madrid always there in your heart!

You will return when the time is right for you and when you have more control over the terms and circumstances.

You are a very special and much loved and appreciated friend; that my friend is not contingent on where you are and it never changes! MM said it better than I ever could ...

#88997 - 01/26/11 08:26 AM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England [Re: Puna]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I´m flattered for all these comments and especially MM's .

#88998 - 01/26/11 09:06 AM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England [Re: steve robinson]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
Good luck with the next chapter in your life Steve, and with the price of flights you can always nip back to Madrid of a long weekend etc.
I make it back at least twice a year ( and im always trying to work out how to make it permament again)
Hope we can catch up again for a cana and some toros.
Abrazos Steve

#89001 - 01/26/11 11:50 AM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England [Re: eskimo joe]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
sorry to hear of your leaving Madrid, but Spains loss is Englands gain
A big welcome back to England Steve,the country will be a better place with you back here, good luck job hunting and yes you can always go back to Madrid
And if you come up north to Manchester give me a shout,you can enjoy more good food and good wine with the pleasure of my company lol
good luck
Billy

#89003 - 01/26/11 03:29 PM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England [Re: billy the man]
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Steve! You're leaving us, I can't believe it! It's a pitty!
I'm so sorry that you have been forced to return. I hope you'll find a new job in the UK soon.
We'll miss you, you are a great person, intelligent, honest, friendly and allways kind, a perfect English gentleman, and now un caballero madrileño también, porque te lo has ganado.
Come back soon and good luck.
Un fuerte abrazo.

Edited by Valenciano_en_Madrid (01/26/11 03:35 PM)

#89004 - 01/27/11 04:18 AM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England [Re: Valenciano_en_Madrid]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Joe , there's no doubt I´ll be visiting at some stage . I´ve got to get my feet back on the ground first .
Billy , I've only ever passed by Manchester but would love to go there some day so you may get a knock on your door . Thanks for the invite !
Damián . It's been too long since we've seen each other . I know that living in Majadahonda is a problem ( travel ) . You're such a nice guy . Hopefully we can meet when I return for a visit to Madrid .
Once the removal guys turn up I'll update on how it went . After that I'll be living out of my suitcase .

#89010 - 01/27/11 03:16 PM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England . [Re: steve robinson]
Jim Costello Offline

Loc: New York City
Hi Steve,

Sorry to learn that you are leaving Madrid. I want to wish you good luck in England.

I enjoy looking at your photos on facebook and reading your comments on the MadridMan site. I have learn a lot about Spain from you.

Steve, the tributes to you on this thread and shout box shows that you are well liked. I will miss your daily reports on Madrid and other parts of the world. When I'm talking with my daughter or son-in-law who live near Madrid, I can talk about some comment on the weather or another topic that you posted.

I'm happy that I met you and MadridMan and look forward to seeing you again. I'm often in Madrid and when you return to Madrid perhaps we can meet again. Should you ever travel to New York please let me know. There are several members of the MM site who live in the NYC area and maybe we can get together.

I know you are going through a difficult time. Best wishes Steve. Adios amigo.

Edited by Jim Costello (01/27/11 03:21 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#89013 - 01/28/11 05:12 AM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England . [Re: Jim Costello]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Thanks Jim ,
I´ll definitely look you up if I go to NYC as well as Esperanza and others .
I'll be back in Madrid for sure so maybe we will meet there , and if you ever find yourself in London , give me a call .

best wishes , Steve .

#89051 - 02/01/11 08:53 AM Re: Moving from Madrid back to England . [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Well , I just booked my flight back to England . A sad moment . But I booked for February 12th .. 11:35 flight and including " speedy booking " It was just €75 . The removal men arrive tomorrow .. that will be stressful . When they leave I will calm down . Steve .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments