Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88875 - 01/09/11 06:05 AM Madrid: Nuevos Ministerios Metro station - taxis?
OurManInBananas Offline

Hi,

If I get the metro from the airport to Nuevos Ministerios with my heavy suitcase is it easy (i.e. a lift) to get from the platform to the street level?

Is it easy to get a taxi around 9PM on a Sunday night there?

on the other hand it's 9 euro for the metro ticket and 10 euros from NV station to my hostel near Anton Martin so maybe I should just pay the 30 euro from the airport!

thanks
Philip

Edited by MadridMan (01/09/11 04:53 PM)
Edit Reason: To include the city name in the subject line.

#88876 - 01/09/11 10:29 AM Re:Madrid:Nuevos Ministerios Metro station-taxis? [Re: OurManInBananas]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
you spoke wisely if have doubts take the taxi from airport. i never with heavy luggage so do take the metro.

#88877 - 01/09/11 12:32 PM Re:Madrid: Nuevos Ministerios Metro station-taxis? [Re: pedmar]
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
9 euros for the metro ticket?. A single ticket from the airport is just 2 euros.

Check out also Aerocity service, which most of the times is cheaper than a standard taxi.

#88878 - 01/09/11 12:34 PM Re: Madrid:Nuevos Ministerios Metro station-taxis? [Re: Antonio]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Second Antonio's comments - Aerocity is easier than metro and cheaper than a taxi

#88879 - 01/09/11 01:02 PM Re: Madrid:Nuevos Ministerios Metro station-taxis? [Re: Puna]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
to go Antón martín, I would take the bus exprés airport 2€ to Atocha, there would take Metro line 1 Blue 1€, one station to Antón martín, or a taxi from Atocha, but is very near, and the driver will put this face angry

#88883 - 01/10/11 04:58 AM Re: Madrid:Nuevos Ministerios Metro station-taxis? [Re: jazz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Bear in mind , as I found out , that if you take a taxi from outside Atocha railway station you will have to pay a supplement . Maybe better to walk up to the main street and hail a cab , though if you have a suitcase they may still charge the supplement .
From the airport the supplement is about €5.20 . It will not show up on the meter so the taxi driver will just do the arithmetic himself . It´s clearly marked in the car that there is an extra charge .
For me i´d definitely recommend the taxi , with a heavy suitcase , though I´ve yet to try the new express bus service .

#88884 - 01/10/11 12:14 PM Re: Madrid:Nuevos Ministerios Metro station-taxis? [Re: steve robinson]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
At Nuevos Ministerios there are lifts all the way up to street level, though you may have to walk a bit between lifts. You will have no problem getting a taxi passing on the street, its still very busy at that time

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2736 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments