Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88843 - 01/05/11 04:50 AM Madrid Metro/Bus passes
OurManInBananas Offline

Hi,

Is there a pass for the Metro and Bus in Madrid like the 10-trip MetroBus but for a whole month?

I'm moving to Madrid shortly to look for work as an ESL Teacher and am hoping to budget for a whole month.

thanks

#88845 - 01/05/11 05:31 AM Re: Madrid Metro/Bus passes [Re: OurManInBananas]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid

#88847 - 01/05/11 09:25 AM Re: Madrid Metro/Bus passes [Re: jazz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I haven´t read Jazz´s link but I know that a metrobus ticket normally will last for 1 month and even though the price is now €9.00 for 10 journeys it´s damn cheap for Europe .
I´m intrigued about your name .. Ourman in Bananas ....

#88848 - 01/05/11 12:27 PM Re: Madrid Metro/Bus passes [Re: steve robinson]
OurManInBananas Offline

Hi,

Thanks for the replies...I guess the answer is to buy about 10 of the Metrobus 10 trip tickets and see how they last...

about the name:
There's a great bistro/bar by the Place d'Armes in Luxembourg City called 'Bananas' and well...one thing leads to another and at least it's intriguing smile

Philip

#88849 - 01/05/11 03:07 PM Re: Madrid Metro/Bus passes [Re: OurManInBananas]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
you can buy a monthly pass for about 47 euros, you need to look at the site Jazz gave and figure out the prices vs to your needs.

and I know the "Bananas" place in place d'Armes Luxembourg city, go there often , even was there last week. Its not far from me by car ::)

#88863 - 01/06/11 07:50 PM Re: Madrid Metro/Bus passes [Re: pedmar]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Check the website given above but I'm pretty sure that monthly pass is only for residents. To buy it, you have to show your Spanish ID or foreigner resident's ID card.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88864 - 01/07/11 04:42 AM Re: Madrid Metro/Bus passes [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Philip .. I´ve been to Luxembourg City .. Great place ...I have my own ideas about " Bananas " hehehehehehehe

#88867 - 01/07/11 05:02 PM Re: Madrid Metro/Bus passes [Re: steve robinson]
OurManInBananas Offline

Originally Posted By steve robinson
Philip .. I´ve been to Luxembourg City .. Great place ...I have my own ideas about " Bananas " hehehehehehehe

it's the great coffee in Bananas...went there early morning on the way to work every working day (plus almost every Saturday and many Sunday afternoons) for about 7 years smile

But without doubt the most sublime cappucino in Lux (and all of Western Europe for that matter) was at the Interview bar near the bus station...

as for nights out in Lux well, that's another far longer discussion...

Thanks everyone for your help on the transport - I'll start with the 10 Metrobus pass, and move onto a monthly pass when I have my NIE etc...

Philip

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1603 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments