Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88758 - 12/13/10 09:09 PM Enrique Morente, flamenco singer, dies at 68 years
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Famed flamenco singer, Enrique Morente, died today in Madrid after spending a few days in a coma. He was 67/68 years old and was born in the Albaicin neighborhood of Granada. He was also the father of flamenco singer Estrella Morente.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88759 - 12/13/10 09:58 PM Re: Enrique Morente, flamenco singer, dies at 68 years [Re: MadridMan]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

What a loss. MadridMan, I thought of you when I heard the news as I knew you'd be sad to learn of his passing. He was a treasure! His voice and his spirit live on in Estrella, though.

#88760 - 12/14/10 08:47 AM Re: Enrique Morente, flamenco singer, dies at 68 years [Re: la historiadora]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
A great loss of a great talent which will ripple through the flamenco world in the year to come. Imagine all the homages to him in the upcoming flamenco festivals!

I never saw him perform live (I don't think) as he always performed outside of Madrid city (but within La Comunidad de Madrid) for the Suma Flamenca festival - until LAST YEAR when I didn't get tickets. Figures! (I was in the USA that whole month)

Quote:
"At any given moment, our contradictions and nostalgia depend on which way the wind is blowing. And so, 'cante' grows with every coming year, as new artists are born who continue to enrich it as long as they live and are always constantly reinventing everything".

-- Enrique Morente

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments