Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88630 - 11/16/10 02:53 PM Madrid:Julieta Venegas performs at Plaza de España
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Mexican singer Julieta Venegas will perform free-and-live in concert at Madrid's Plaza de España on Saturday, 20 November at the odd hour of 1pm.

Plaza de España is the Madrid location of the 200 Year Anniversary of Mexico's Independence (from SPAIN!?!?!) celebration which will include not only music but also Mexican foods, goods, and arts in Madrid.

I'M THERE!! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88636 - 11/17/10 05:58 PM Re: Madrid:Julieta Venegas performs at Plaza de España [Re: MadridMan]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
MadridMan,

Enjoy the show! I downloaded her latest album about two weeks ago. I've been a big fan of hers for years.

#88639 - 11/18/10 06:35 AM Re: Madrid:Julieta Venegas performs at Plaza de España [Re: admiral44]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I'm not a big fan but I do like her music, particularly the earlier stuff. They say it might rain tomorrow so I'll make a last-minute decision. No fun standing in the rain with thousands of other umbrella-holders.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88674 - 11/21/10 07:04 PM Re: Madrid:Julieta Venegas performs at Plaza de España [Re: MadridMan]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I did not attend the concert afterall. It was cloudy and threatening rain - although it never did. (although it did seem to rain all night) I found myself in the street at 12:30pm doing the shopping and knew I couldn't make it even if I'd wanted to.

The afternoon before, Friday, I walked through Plaza de España (on my way to seeing "Flamenco, Flamenco") and saw the stage where the performances would take place as well and the stands alongside it selling Mexican food. As I walked through I heard all kinds of American English being spoken and thought to myself, "The American tourists came all the way to Spain to eat Mexican food!?"

After the movie I walked back through with message board member Rodolfo - with whom I went to the movie - and we witnessed some Mexican folk dances on stage. We didn't stop because, well, Californians (and I) have seen this already so it was nothing unusual, and plus we were hell-bent on reaching our first wine-and-tapas place ("El Anciano Rey de los Vinos").

Saludos, MadridMan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments