Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#88784 - 12/20/10 09:01 AM Re: New AVE Madrid-Valencia [Re: jazz]
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Originally Posted By jazz
Well, we have BEACH with AVE to Valencia,in one hour and forty minutes, now a cheaper ticket,PLEASE Pepe, and ...all FANTANSTIC...http://www.thereader.es/

Anything wrong with this picture?: U.S. has 'Boots on the ground' in Iraq & Afghanistan; but we can't run a railroad. We need to change our priorities. Spain has overtaken us.
Merry Christmas to all who frequent this Board ...

Edited by Eddie (12/20/10 09:03 AM)

#88785 - 12/21/10 06:26 AM Re: New AVE Madrid-Valencia [Re: pedmar]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
They expect 4,5 millions passengers on this line, and its doable. Now my cousins in El Saler will be after me when passing by Madrid ,damn !!! ::)

#88895 - 01/11/11 05:49 PM Re: New AVE Madrid-Valencia [Re: pedmar]
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Simply fantastic!
I tried myself the new train to Valencia. I'll tell you my experiences.
I bought two return tickets on the web, in advance of course, one for the Christmas weekend and the other one for the New Year's Eve weekend. I paid 63.90 euros for each return ticket.

The trains are completely new. What a wonderful feeling is to travel in a brand new coach, it's like when you drive for a first time your new car, the smell, the feeling. It's so clean and comfortable, seats are a bit bigger than the ones in an ordinary train.
The train left on time. It cannot reach a high speed for the first 60 or 70km. until it is away from Madrid, then it reaches 290-300km per hour (you can see it on a panel).
Is beautyful crossing the world biggest wineyards of La Mancha, while having a cup of coffee at bar coach. Then landscapes change into pine forests as whe aproach the UNESCO world heritage city of Cuenca, what a pity, we cannot see the city from the train. In a few minutes we crossed the Contreras reservoir, wow! it looks so small from here. After a few tunnels we pass near the dof Utiel-Requena, minutes later they anounce Valencia staion. Only one hour and thirty two minute after leaving Madrid.
They have built a new temporary railway station 500 yards away from the beautyful art decó stile Valencia main station , built in 1906. Thre is shutle bus conecting the two stations.
There is a proyect to expand the old station, as they did in Madrid Atocha, but for the moment is has to wait the economic crisis ends.

Edited by Valenciano_en_Madrid (01/11/11 06:32 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2728 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments